Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
- Four-week full-time course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm)
- For students who are looking to build practical filmmaking skills and produce a short film in collaboration with other students in their class
- Covers storytelling through film, interpreting a script, creating a storyboard, operating a camera, editing footage using Adobe Premiere Pro, managing a crew and directing actors
- Suitable for complete beginners, no previous experience is required
Four-Week Filmmaking is a dynamic and immersive course which covers the core screen crafts such as camera operating, editing, directing, producing and screenwriting. The course culminates in the production of a short film that you’ll create in collaboration with your classmates.
- Find out what it takes to create a film from beginning to end
- Explore various screen roles, including director, screenwriting and camera operator, before deciding on the next steps in your studies or career
- Work with professional actors to develop good understanding of the “director-actor” relationship and create an engaging dramatic performance
- Take part in a producing seminar to learn how to cast your project and approach agents and actors in auditions
- Learn how to use Adobe Premiere Pro and capture rushes using the right settings
- Filmmaking overview
- Camera and sound
- Postproduction with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Visual Storytelling
- Directing actors
- Shooting and editing a short film
B for Boy written and directed by Chika Anadu, our Four-Week Filmmaking student, premiered at the BFI London film festival and won Best Film in an African Language at the Africa Movie Academy Awards.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetGO team (Met Student and Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. These are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for:
Start Dates & Prices
- 13 MAR 2017 — 7 APR 2017
- 3 JUL 2017 — 28 JUL 2017
- 7 AUG 2017 — 1 SEP 2017
- 23 OCT 2017 — 17 NOV 2017
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister company Met Film Production, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses.