Metfilm School Logo
fa fa-search
MetFilm School London Undergraduate Open Day

Metfilm School

Metfilm School

Postgraduate Fees and Finance

Student Finance Loan for British Nationals

British Nationals applying for a postgraduate programmes in the UK are eligible for funding from Student Finance England; they must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS).

MetFilm School is an OFS Registered Higher Education provider. MetFilm School is an OfS Registered Higher Education provider – find out more here.

Please note: it is common for postgraduates to help fund their studies by:

  • Using savings;
  • Combining study with work; and/or
  • Applying for financial help from some of the sources listed below.

Postgraduate Loans from the UK Government (for British Nationals)

UK Loans for British Nationals

UK students at MetFilm School on our Masters degree courses may be eligible to apply for a loan for up to £11,222 as a contribution towards their course and living costs. Postgraduate Loans have to be paid back.


Application Requirements

You can apply for a Postgraduate Loan for a MetFilm School London or Leeds Masters course if you:

  • Are a UK or EU national or have settled status (this means that there are no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK)
  • OR you normally live in England and have been living in the UK for at least three years before the start of the course
  • Are under 60 years old at the start of the first academic year of your course
  • Do not already have a postgraduate Masters qualification or a higher level qualification like a PhD
  • Have not already received a Postgraduate Loan for another course that has not been completed. Although, if there are compelling personal reasons, such as illness, you may be able to apply for additional funding to allow you to repeat the year.

You may also be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan if you are:

  • A refugee, or a relative of one
  • Under Humanitarian Protection, or a relative of someone under Humanitarian Protection
  • An EEA or Swiss migrant worker, or a relative of one
  • The child of a Swiss national or the child of a Turkish worker

Further Information

To find out more about this Postgraduate Loan, you can call our Admissions Team at +44 (0)20 8280 9119, or email them at to discuss your application.

You can also explore the following pages:

Additional Funding Options

Here are some additional sources of funding for British Nationals studying at postgraduate level:


Funding Options for International Students

MetFilm School is a private independent film school, which means that we do not follow the same fee structures as other higher education institutions in the UK. International students are normally able to find out if there is assistance for studying overseas from their home government.

Additional funding and financial advice are available here. You can also discover whether you are eligible for scholarship programmes within your home country through the British Council and Education UK websites.

Find below information on funding options for Scandinavian and Nordic Students, and European Students.


For Scandinavian and Nordic Students

For Scandinavian and Nordic Students


Swedish students have the right to apply for student finance if they wish to complete part of or the whole of their studies in another country. In order for student finance to be granted, the higher education institution overseas must be recognised by Centrala studiestödsnämnden or CSN (Swedish National Board of Student Aid).

The amount of the student loan may vary according to the study destination. However, the repayment terms are the same as for studying in Sweden. Additional finance is available for tuition fees, insurance and travel expenses.

Click here for more information.


Norwegian students can depend on financial support from The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund, administered by Lanekassen, which provides student loans and stipends for higher education.

MetFilm School is on the list of UK Higher Education providers recognised by Lanekassen.

Click here for more information.


Financial aid for a course of study that is conducted outside Finland is avail­able for Finnish citizens. Financial aid is also available for citizens of other EU/EEA countries or Switzerland and their family members.

Students seeking financial aid must have had a municipality of residence in Finland for at least 2 years out of the 5 years preceding the commencement of their studies and their stay abroad must be temporary. In other words, students will not qualify if they have lived abroad for more than 3 years before starting their studies.

Click here for more information.


The Icelandic Student Loan Fund (Icelandic: Lánasjóður íslenskra námsmanna or LÍN) is a government-funded and government-run student loan fund for Icelandic citizens. It provides loans for living expenses of up to 7 years of university studies. Repayment of the loans is at below-market-rate interest, with a two-year grace period upon completion of studies.

Courses of study qualify for loans if an educational institution offers them as full-time studies; 60 ECTS units of study in each academic year or at least 30 ECTS units each semester in cases where the course structure does not cover a complete academic year.

Click here for more information.


For European Students

For European Students


For MA Programmes only.

Students who wish to study abroad may apply for a scholarship for up to two years. The scholarship is intended to partly or wholly cover the tuition fees at certain study programmes in other countries. Applications may be made for study periods or whole study programmes at master’s level starting on or after 1 July 2008.

Click here for more information.

The Netherlands

For BA and MA Programmes.

If you are enrolled in university, higher professional education, or secondary vocational education, you can apply for student finance. You must be a Dutch national or have the same rights. This means non-Dutch can also apply for student finance.

Click here for more information.


For BA and MA Programmes.

The grants and loan system put in place allows eligible students to freely pursue higher-education courses regardless of their parent’s financial situation or wishes.

Click here for more information.