Metfilm School Logo
fa fa-search
MetFilm School London Winter Open Day

Metfilm School

Metfilm School

Undergraduate Fees and Finance

Future Finance

MetFilm School are registered with Future Finance, who provide private loans for students studying on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes of study, for our London and Leeds campuses.

Future Finance are the UK’s first specialist student lender and are licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). They have approved over 13,000 loans in the UK, and are used by over 33 other providers.

They provide loans along the following conditions:

  • To MetFilm School students over the age of 18 who are UK domiciled, subject to appropriate credit checks.
  • Loan amounts from £2,000 to £40,000. These can include contributions to living costs and tuition fees.
  • Loan repayments can be arranged so that these are spread over 10 years, depending on the loan amount and the course.
  • Future Finance allows a quick and easy assessment of loan viability. Find out more at

Please ensure you read all of the terms and conditions associated with loans before committing to anything. We strong recommend seeking independent financial advice on all matters related to loans.


Further Information for British Nationals

Further Information for British Nationals

EU/EEA Student Finance from 1st January 2021

If you’re starting a course on or after 1st January 2021, you must have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme to get student finance.

If you are an EU/EEA student with Settlement Status, you will need to pay UK fees.

Irish citizens do not need to apply for a visa or to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Settlement Status

The UK Government’s EU Settlement Scheme allows EU citizens to continue to study, work and live in the UK post-Brexit. Following the EU Referendum EU citizens; citizens of Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland (non-EU EEA citizens) and Swiss citizens can apply for ScreenSpace courses if they have EU Settlement Status.

From 1st January 2021 any EU/EEA/Swiss citizen not eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme will require a student visa to enter the UK. As a student, this means to enter the UK on or after 1st January 2021, you must apply for a Student Visa.

Find out more about guidance for EU students here.

If you are an EU/EEA student and you do not have Settlement Status, you will pay International Fees.

Helpful Links

Funding Options for International Students

MetFilm School is a private independent film school, which means that we do not follow the same fee structures as other higher education institutions in the UK. International students are normally able to find out if there is assistance for studying overseas from their home government.

Additional funding and financial advice are available here. You can also discover whether you are eligible for scholarship programmes within your home country through the British Council and Education UK websites.

Find below information on funding options for Scandinavian and Nordic Students, and European Students.


For Scandinavian and Nordic Students

For Scandinavian and Nordic Students


Swedish students have the right to apply for student finance if they wish to complete part of or the whole of their studies in another country. In order for student finance to be granted, the higher education institution overseas must be recognised by Centrala studiestödsnämnden or CSN (Swedish National Board of Student Aid).

The amount of the student loan may vary according to the study destination. However, the repayment terms are the same as for studying in Sweden. Additional finance is available for tuition fees, insurance and travel expenses.

Click here for more information.


Norwegian students can depend on financial support from The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund, administered by Lanekassen, which provides student loans and stipends for higher education.

MetFilm School is on the list of UK Higher Education providers recognised by Lanekassen.

Click here for more information.


Financial aid for a course of study that is conducted outside Finland is avail­able for Finnish citizens. Financial aid is also available for citizens of other EU/EEA countries or Switzerland and their family members.

Students seeking financial aid must have had a municipality of residence in Finland for at least 2 years out of the 5 years preceding the commencement of their studies and their stay abroad must be temporary. In other words, students will not qualify if they have lived abroad for more than 3 years before starting their studies.

Click here for more information.


The Icelandic Student Loan Fund (Icelandic: Lánasjóður íslenskra námsmanna or LÍN) is a government-funded and government-run student loan fund for Icelandic citizens. It provides loans for living expenses of up to 7 years of university studies. Repayment of the loans is at below-market-rate interest, with a two-year grace period upon completion of studies.

Courses of study qualify for loans if an educational institution offers them as full-time studies; 60 ECTS units of study in each academic year or at least 30 ECTS units each semester in cases where the course structure does not cover a complete academic year.

Click here for more information.


For European Students

For European Students

The Netherlands

For BA and MA Programmes.

If you are enrolled in university, higher professional education, or secondary vocational education, you can apply for student finance. You must be a Dutch national or have the same rights. This means non-Dutch can also apply for student finance.

Click here for more information.


For BA and MA Programmes.

The grants and loan system put in place allows eligible students to freely pursue higher-education courses regardless of their parent’s financial situation or wishes.

Click here for more information.