The 2017 Smart Screen Creative Awards took place on 23 November at London’s Ham Yard Hotel, Soho. The ceremony was Hosted by Karen Blackett OBE.
- Audience Engagement: Jasper – Anastasiya Chabanova and Scarlett Urbano
- Entrepreneurship: Winter Bird – Hanna Nygren
- Innovation: Being Ernest – Victoria Fistes
- Diversity: Daughter – Rozh Surchi
- Creative Excellence: Miyage No Naka (In Our Memories) – Theodore Hugonnier
- Impact: Darcey Milne – Darcey Milne and Giulia Gandini
THE SMART SCREEN CREATIVE AWARDS 2017 JUDGING PANEL
- Dara Nasr, UK Managing director, Twitter – Audience Engagement
- Danny Murray, Vice President of Media, Digital and Marketing Partnerships at Warner Bros. Entertainment (UK) Ltd – Entrepreneurship
- Jon Wilkins, Executive Chairman, Karmarama – Innovation
- Karen Stacey, Digital Cinema Media – Diversity
- Sarah Gavron, Filmmaker (Suffragette, Brick Lane, This Little Life) – Creative Excellence
- Charlie Edelman, Director Story Studio, ESI Media – Impact
This award will go to a project that demonstrates exceptional engagement with a specific audience. To win in this category students need to explain how they identified the audience, developed the brand, project and story and promoted their content to the audience, with the evidence of success.
This award will go to a project that demonstrates smart thinking in the business of screen. It could be the fundraising of the project, the promotion of the end product or any other project that shows exceptional business sense.
This award will go to a project that shows new, fresh ideas that are unexpected and innovative regardless of their format. We will award the screen artifact that pushes the boundaries, showing exceptional originality and awareness of the possibilities of its chosen medium.
This award will go to a project or content that seeks to bring attention to the diversity of the world we live in, or to a community cause. It could be content or projects promoting LGBT, gender, ethnicity and other diversity causes, or a community cause that could make a real difference to people’s lives.
This award will go to a piece of outstanding creative content that demonstrates excellence in every aspect of its execution, from the script development to the postproduction.
This award will go to a piece of content that demonstrates making an impact on people’s lives. It should be content that raises awareness of a cause and makes a demonstrable change in people’s perception of the problem. It could be a documentary, a charity awareness advert, a social media campaign, a work of fiction and many other things besides.
“IT WAS A PRIVILEGE TO BE THERE. REALLY FABULOUS AND INSPIRING EVENT! THANKS ALSO FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET BRENDA EMMANUS WHO WAS JUST WONDERFUL, REALLY INSPIRING INDIVIDUAL.”
“THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE AMAZING OPPORTUNITY! THE SMART SCREEN AWARDS WERE A GREAT SUCCESS! CONGRATULATIONS! I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEARS!”
“IT HAS BEEN FANTASTIC AND THE FEEDBACK FROM OTHER PARTICIPANTS IS EXTREMELY POSITIVE. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE!”