Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting-edge, practical learning experience.
Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses, when you book three months or more before the course start date.
FOUR-WEEK ACTING FOR FILM (LEVEL 1)
Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 1) is a Full-Time Screen-Acting course for those who wish to develop their performance skills for the medium of film. Gain confidence in front of the camera and build all the skills you need to launch your acting career. This course is suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required.
The Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 1) give students the opportunities to take part in numerous filmed exercises and acting workshops with a professional acting coach. Students will learn the core techniques necessary to create a believable performance on screen, including improvisation and subtext in acting.
Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 1) is designed to improve the understanding, knowledge and practice in the following core areas:
- How to analyse a script to get the best from their performance
- The technical skills relevant to film acting
- Practised techniques that will help you achieve an authentic screen performance
- How to project confidence whilst in front of the camera
- On set practices and the relationship of the actor to the crew
Students will explore the following key areas during the Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 1) course:
Subtext in Acting – Theory and Practice. Discover the use and purpose of subtext in performance. By addressing what subtext is and how it influences a performance students will enhance their understanding of performance tools and obstacles, whilst evaluating their choices as an actor when addressing script material.
Storytelling in Acting. Students will address key questions such as: what is a story? What makes a story interesting? What is a good script?
Script Analysis and Performance. These sessions will address how to break down a scene into story beats.
Rehearsal. Sessions will examine how to get the most from rehearsals and be able to put into practice techniques such as improvisation, speaking out an interior monologue and rehearsing the script beat by beat.
Filmmaking Skills. The filmmaking process will be explored so you understand its stages in broad terms.
The Course Outline below describes the key craft areas and skills you will cover during your course.
Start Dates & Prices
- 9 May 2022 — 3 June 2022
Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 1) is an intensive full-time course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm).
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Our Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 1) course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email email@example.com
Students who book Acting Level 1 (4 weeks) and Acting Level 2 (4 weeks) courses together are entitled to a £500 discount on the course fees.
Duration: Four Weeks Full-Time.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at MetFilm School, we concentrate on employability. Students and graduates of MetFilm School will gain access to our dedicated careers advice department MetFilm Futures, who focus on supporting you and ensuring you develop the skills needed to succeed in the industry.
MetFilm Production, our sister production company, offers 3-4 in house work experience placements per year for MetFilm School graduates. Selected graduates work in a variety of capacities on all of MetFilm Production’s films such as award-winning The Reason I Jump, 23 Walks and Swimming with Men.
Our graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. Below are just some of the companies our graduates have gone onto work for.
- Based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. MetFilm School is based within Ealing Studios, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Our location creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Watch our London Campus Tour
- Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students which are advertised through our career’s advice department, MetFilm Futures. MetFilm School does have its own studio space; Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our MA Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case-by-case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
- Award-winning tutors. MetFilm School’s tutors are working screen professionals – TV and film directors, producers, screenwriters, editors, animators and other industry specialists with numerous awards, including BAFTA, Emmy and Oscar nominations.
- Connected. Through working closely with our sister companies MetFilm Production and MetFilm Sales, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. These provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals.
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and ScreenSkills Select.