Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
FOUR-WEEK ACTING FOR FILM (LEVEL 1)
- Four-week full-time course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm)
- For students with little or no acting experience who are considering a career change or would like to explore what it takes to act for camera
- Highly practical training with an opportunity to receive feedback from a Casting Director and collaborate with a professional Director on filmed scenes
- Suitable for complete beginners, no previous experience is required
Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 1) is is a screen-acting course for those who wish to develop their performance skills for the medium of film. Gain confidence in front of the camera and build all the skills you need to launch your acting career.
- Take part in numerous filmed exercises and acting workshops with a professional acting coach
- Collaborate with a creative crew and professional Director on two filmed scenes
- Take part in a workshop with a Casting Director and receive professional feedback
- Study and exercise the core techniques necessary to create a believable performance on screen, including improvisation and subtext in acting
- Learn how to analyse a script to get the best from your performance
- Take voice training with a professional voice coach to improve your vocal techniques and English pronunciation (especially useful for non-native English speakers)
- Learn the difference between acting for theatre and acting for screen
- Subtext in acting – theory and practice
- Storytelling in acting – How to interpret a story or script
- Movement in acting, including improvisation, clowning, body awareness and other tools to gain confidence in front of the camera
- Rehearsals techniques
- Introduction to filmmaking skills, including set procedures, editing and postproduction
- Rehearsals techniques
- Audition techniques and job opportunities for actors today
Start Dates & Prices
- 30 OCT 2017 — 24 NOV 2017
Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 1) is an intensive full-time course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm).
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Our Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 1) course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who book Acting Level 1 (4 weeks) and Acting Level 2 (4 weeks) courses together are entitled to a £500 discount on the course fees.
Duration: Four Weeks Full-Time
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetGO team (Met Student and Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and much more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for.
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister company Met Film Production, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses