A-Level Results Day
Thursday 18 August 2022
Thursday 18 August 2022
Thursday 18 August 2022 Is the A-Level Results Day for 2022.
In Scotland, the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) publishes its examination results online on the same day as GCE results are released this year (Tuesday 9 August 2022) – the same day your certificate arrives by post.
What Time Does UCAS Hub Update on Results Day?
The system will be available at around 8am on Results Day. After it’s been updated, your UCAS Hub becomes ‘frozen’ and your page won’t change again until midday at the earliest.
It’s worth waiting to log in after you’ve got your results, so you’ve a good idea of whether you’re likely to have been accepted by your choices and be better prepared to deal with any disappointment.
Results – Who Does What
The Exam Board
- Marks your papers (if you’ve chosen sat exams)
- Sends your results to your school or college
- Sends your results for some qualifications to UCAS
- Matches your exam results to your application
- Sends your results to your firm and insurance choice universities and colleges
Universities and Colleges
- Check if your results meet the conditions of your offers
- Send their decisions to us – these are shown in ‘UCAS Hub’
Your School or College
- Gives you your exam results
- Collect your results from your School or College
- Check UCAS Hub to see if you’ve been accepted
What Will UCAS Hub Show?
If decisions have been made by your university choices, and UCAS have been notified, you can expect to see the following changes to offers on your Hub:
- Unconditional – your place on the course has been confirmed. This may be your firm or insurance offer, or both.
- Unsuccessful – you’ve not been accepted by your choice(s). You’re now eligible to enter Clearing.
- Unconditional Changed Course (UCC) – you don’t have the necessary grades for your offer, but the university has proposed a similar course requiring lower grades. They may also offer an alternative start date, such as deferred entry. You have five days to decide and can discuss the opportunity with the university in question.
What Do I Do if I Meet My Offer?
If you’re holding at least one conditional place and you’ve met the requirements, the offer will change to ‘unconditional’. This firm acceptance is confirmed in Hub and your UCAS confirmation letter AS12 will appear on the page within five to seven days of the confirmation – it won’t be posted to you or sent via email.
If you’ve used UCAS Extra to add another choice – and have been offered a place – you’ll just need to accept it by the date displayed in Hub. There’s also the option of adding another choice, should you wish to decline the offer.
What if I Don't Get the Grades I Need?
- Call us on: 020 8280 9119 and we will go over your options with you.
Can I Defer My Place on Results Day?
Yes. Call us on: 020 8280 9119 and we will go over your options with you.
- Check the UCAS website for the latest updates.