Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Four-Week Acting for film (Level 2)
- Four-week full-time course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm)
- For students who want to build on their previous experience of acting for camera, or those who have taken the Level 1 course
- Highly practical training with an opportunity to receive feedback from Agents, Casting Directors and other industry professionals
- You will need to supply a CV and showreel to demonstrate your acting experience
Four-Week Acting for Film – Level 2 is an intensive course for students with some acting experience who are looking for a practical, industry-focused training to upskill their knowledge and kick-start their acting careers.
- Take part in workshops with Agents and Casting Directors, and receive a professional feedback
- Collaborate with a creative crew and a professional Director on several filmed scenes and monologues
- Participate in numerous filmed exercises with a professional acting coach and receive individual feedback
- Take vocal training with a professional voice coach to improve your voice techniques and English pronunciation (especially useful for non-native English speakers)
- Learn new techniques for improving vocal and physical expression
- Gain a clear understanding of key methodologies such as Stanislavski and Meisner
- Improve your knowledge of the screen industries and learn about new opportunities for actors in today’s changing media landscape
- Establish clear and achievable career goals
- Introduction to camera
- Voice and movement – exercises using rhythm and space
- Exercises from the Meisner technique, Mask, Improvisation, Stanislavski and Clown
- Monologues directed by the tutor – ‘single camera’ scenes shot with a two-man professional crew
- Advanced core acting skills
- Audition workshop and preparation
- Casting workshop including feedback and advice about casting opportunities in the industry
- Dialect workshop – ways to approach learning an accent or dialect with a guest voice coach
- Screening of scenes from the shoot days
Start Dates & Prices
- 27 NOV 2017 — 22 DEC 2017
Acting for Film (Level 2) is an intensive full-time, four-week course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm).
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Students will be asked to supply a CV and showreel to demonstrate their acting experience.
To get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com
Students who book Acting Level 1 (4 weeks) and Acting Level 2 (4 weeks) courses together are entitled to a £500 discount on the course fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetGO team (Met Student and Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and much more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gon onto work for.
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister company Met Film Production, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all o