Our Mission, Values and Student Charter
Educational Excellence and Deep Links into Industry
Since launch in 2003, MetFilm has been committed to educational excellence and deep links into industry. Our mission is to inspire a new generation of creative screen professionals, educating them in the new world of storytelling across multiple devices. By putting industry at the heart of everything we do, MetFilm School best equips its graduates for successful careers.
MetFilm School has taken the lead in education for all screens by bringing learning into an industry setting, whilst encouraging aspirational storytelling. MetFilm School’s goal is to select students with the passion and tenacity to succeed in the creative industries, and to prepare them for the world of production into which they actually progress, from big screen to small. Students are imbued with passion and pragmatism, and their education is complemented with:
- Location in inspirational working studios with historic and contemporary significance.
- Inspirational role model tutors who are industry professionals.
- A curriculum, which brings contemporary industry practice into a structure pedagogic setting, encompassing everything from feature film and television to branded content and social video.
- An innovative graduate opportunity programme.
Unique Educational Approach
Our mission… is to inspire a new generation of creative screen professionals, educating them in the new world of storytelling across all screen types. By putting industry connectivity and pedagogic excellence at the heart of everything we do, MetFilm School best equips its graduates for successful careers.
Our vision… is to nurture skill and talent, creating a great school which empowers students to pass seamlessly into work, using our experience to help businesses adapt and change in the ever-changing multichannel world, and putting values of diversity, equality, and inclusion at the forefront of everything we do in the interests of good outcomes for all our students.
Our philosophy… is to bring together passionate and creative specialists at the forefront of the industry. MetFilm is comprised of individual but mutually supported teams, united by a collective interest in the continuing development of the screen industries.
- Inspire: we live what we teach and lead by example.
- Deep Practice: a curriculum built on industry practice, reflection, and enterprise.
- Developing Attitude and Voice: educating professional creatives and creative professionals.
- Driving Entrepreneurialism and Employability: generating smart screen graduates who are equally at home in creating content for the big screen or the mobile phone.
- Excellence: we want and expect our graduates to succeed educationally and in industry, and they do.
- Diversity and Inclusion: seeking to attract and represent a diverse student and staff community, and work towards excellent outcomes for all.
Our Student Charter
What you can expect from MetFilm School
You can expect MetFilm School to:
- Provide accurate information on all aspects of your student experience and equip you with appropriate and relevant information regarding the School’s services and support available to you;
- Support you effectively through all stages of your engagement with the School, from initial enquiry through to the completion of your studies and beyond;
- Work with you to develop your career aspirations and strategies towards employment;
- Provide a creatively and intellectually inspiring, safe, and friendly learning environment;
- Help you identify and set your individual learning goals and expectations;
- Provide clear information about the various forms of feedback you will receive on your individual progress at the School;
- Offer regular opportunities for you to provide feedback on your student experience;
- Ensure you are kept fully informed of any changes to your study and/or support;
- Actively seek your participation in the School’s governance and decision making processes;
- Ensure student views are taken into account and provide appropriate support and training to elected student representatives;
- Treat you with fairness, respect and dignity as an individual at all times.
What we expect from you
We expect you to:
- Actively engage in your studies, submit your assignments on time, and ask for help when you need it;
- Behave in a responsible manner, treating staff, fellow students, and visitors with dignity and respect;
- Uphold the School’s reputation by adhering to the rules, regulations, and conduct codes;
- Make effective and safe use of all facilities that the School provides to support your learning;
- Take responsibility for your own personal development, utilising the various formal and informal support mechanisms within the School;
- Be familiar with student information available (in print and online) related to your course, academic policies, and assignment deadlines;
- Participate actively in the School’s student representative system;
- Seek informal resolution wherever possible for any disagreements or complaints with the School;
- Work hard and manage your time effectively;
- Foster an environment of inclusion, open-mindedness, and respect for different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and beliefs;
- Provide us with appropriate evidence about any changes to your personal circumstances as soon as possible;
- Be clear, concise, and respectful in your communications with the School in person, by email, or by telephone;
- Treat your fellow students, tutors, and staff with respect at all times.