MetFilm Futures masterclasses give our students an opportunity to learn from high-profile creative industry players. We invite famous filmmakers as well as representatives from new media and commercial sector, to share their knowledge and insight with young creative professionals.
- Bryan Cranston: Actor, Producer (Breaking Bad, Godzilla, Malcolm in the Middle). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Gethin Anthony: Actor (Game of Thrones, Call the Midwife, Aquarius). Visit IMDb
- Jonathan Pryce: Actor (Game of Thrones, The Two Popes). Visit IMDb
- Noel Clarke: Actor, Director (Kidulthood, Adulthood). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Kevin Macdonald: Director (Whitney, The Last King of Scotland, Touching the Void). Visit IMDb
- Armando Iannucci: Acclaimed Satirist, Director, Writer and Showrunner (Veep, The Thick of It, Alan Partridge) Read more – Visit IMDb
- James Marsh: Oscar-winning Director (The Theory Of Everything). Read more – Visit IMDb
- David Yates: Director (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, The Legend of Tarzan, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Stephen Frears: Director (The Queen, Philomena, Florence Foster Jenkins, High Fidelity). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Paul Webster: Producer (Locke, Atonement). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Tom Harper: Director, Producer, Writer (The Aeronauts, Wild Rose, War & Peace, Peaky Blinders, Cubs). Visit IMDb
- Zac Nicholson: Cinematographer (David Copperfield, Black Mirror, The Honourable Woman). Visit IMDb
- Colin Trevorrow: Writer, Director, Producer (Jurassic World, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker). Visit IMDb
- Peter Czernin: Producer (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths). Visit IMDb
- Iain Smith: Producer (The Fifth Element, Mad Max:Fury Road). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Pawel Pawlikowski: Oscar-winning Director (Ida, The Summer of Love, Cold War, Last Resort). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Sarah Gavron: Director (Suffragette). Read more – Visit IMDb
- John Landis: Director (The Blue Brothers, An American Werewolf in London, Burke and Hare). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Sir Alan Parker: Director (Evita, Midnight Express, The Commitments). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Jon East: Director (Killing Eve, Lost in Space, Downton Abbey). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Ray Andrew: Cinematographer (Steadicam Operator on The Shining, An American Werewolf). Visit IMDb
- Wim Wenders: Director (Paris, Texas, Wings of Desire, Alice in the Cities, Buena Vista Social Club, and Pina). Visit IMDb
- Scott Z Burns: Screenwriter (The Bourne Ultimatum, The Informant, Contagion). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Hossein Amini: Screenwriter/Director (Drive, The Two Faces of January, 47 Ronin, Snow White and the Huntsman). Visit IMDb
- Neil Landau: Hollywood Screenwriter (Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead, Melrose Place, Doogie Howser M.D). Visit IMDb
- John Yorke: Screenwriter/Producer/Consultant/Director (EastEnders, Red Rock, Wolf Hall, Father Brown). Visit IMDb
- Desiree Akhavan: Screenwriter, Director, Actress (Appropriate Behaviour, The Slope). Visit IMDb
- Chris Morris: Screenwriter/Director (The Day Today, Jam, Four Lions, Brass Eye). Visit IMDb
- Nicole Taylor: Screenwriter (The C Word, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Indian Summers, Three Girls). Visit IMDb
- Sally Wainwright: Screenwriter (Happy Valles, Gentleman Jack, Last Tango in Halifax). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Carl Gottlieb: Screenwriter (Jaws, Jaws 2, Caveman). Visit IMDb
- Roger Deakins: Oscar-Winning Cinematographer (Blade Runner 2049, 1917, James Bond 007: Skyfall). Visit IMDb
- Valerio Bonelli: Award-Winning Editor (Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Philomena, Florence Foster Jenkins) Read more – Visit IMDb
- Lucy Banks: Head of Content Solutions (Brand Solutions & Innovation at Google EMEA). Read more
- Mike Ladouceur: Composer, Orchestrator and Producer (Mission Impossible: Fallout, The Emoji Movie, Call the Midwife. Visit IMDb
- Philip Ilson: Festival Programmer (Artistic Director – London Short Film Festival, Short Film Programmer – BFI London Film Festival). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Charlie Phillips: Head of Documentary, The Guardian (Black Sheep, The Breadmaker). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Zac Nicholson: Cinematographer, Camera Operator (Les Misérables, The King’s Speech). Visit IMDb
- Tamsin Jeffrey: Assistant Editor (T2 Trainspotting, Kingsman: The Secret Service). Visit IMDb
- Seamus McGarvey: Oscar-Nominated Cinematographer (Atonement, Black Mirror, Anna Karenina) .Visit IMDb
- Jon Wilkins: Chairman of the UK’s largest independent communications agency Karmarama. Read more
- Frank Spotnitz: Television Showrunner (The X-Files). Visit IMDb
- Adrian Hodges: Television Showrunner (The Musketeers). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Joanna Strevens: Head of Development, Carnival Films. Visit IMDb
- David Sheldon-Hicks: Screen Graphics Artist, VFX Artist (Ex Machina, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Dark Knight, Prometheus). Visit IMDb
- Berwyn Rowlands: Festival founder and CEO, The Iris Prize Festival. Read more – Visit IMDb
- IIene Starger: Acclaimed Casting Director (School of Rock, Sleepy Hollow and The Parent Trap). Read more – Visit IMDb
- Damian Kavanagh: Controller, BBC 3. Read more – Visit IMDb
Sample Masterclass Photos
Director Kevin Macdonald.
Actor, Producer, and Writer Bryan Cranston.
Writer, Producer, and Director Armando Iannucci.
Actor Daniel Mays.
Director and Producer Sarah Gavron.
Cinematographer Max Elliot Lovell and VFX Coordinator Marta Baidek.
Sample Masterclass Photos
Director Kevin Macdonald.