Funding Information for Scandinavian & Nordic Students

Funding provided by Scandinavian and Nordic governments


Swedish students have the right to apply for student finance if they wish to complete part or the whole of their studies in another country. In order for student finance to be granted, the higher education institution overseas must be recognised by Centrala studiestödsnämnden or CSN (Swedish National Board of Student Aid).

The amount of the student loan may vary according to the study destination. However, the repayment terms are the same as for studying in Sweden. Additional finance is available for tuition fees, insurance and travel expenses.

For more information, please refer to this link:



Norwegian students can depend on financial support from The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund, administered by Lanekassen, which provides student loans and stipends for higher education.

Met Film School is on the list of UK Higher Education providers recognised by Lanekassen.

For more information, please refer to this link:


Students from Denmark may be able to obtain State Educational Support (Statens Uddannelsesstøtte) for study programmes outside of the country. In order to get the SU student grant for education abroad, you must be a Danish citizen and must have been resident in Denmark for a period of at least 2 consecutive years within the last 10 years prior to applying for the grant.

However, currently we believe that MetFilm School courses are not eligible for funding from the SU.

We are in the process of appealing this decision, as we believe it was made based on incorrect information. However, currently we would advise Danish students to ensure they have alternative means to pay for their living costs and academic fees, as we cannot guarantee we will be successful in that appeal.  We would recommend you apply for funding as soon as possible with the Danish SU, and would ask you to ensure you clarify in the application the exact entry requirements of the course, which can be found on our admissions page here:  If you need any further advice on filling in the application form then please do ask.  If you decide not to do this, then we will also notify all Danish students immediately if we are successful in our appeal of the decision by the Danish SU as to the eligibility of our course

For more information, please refer to this link.


Students at Met Film School


Financial aid for a course of study that is conducted outside Finland is avail­able for Finnish citizens. Financial aid is also available for citizens of other EU/EEA countries or Switzerland and their family members.

Students seeking financial aid must have had a municipality of residence in Finland for at least 2 years out of the 5 years preceding the commencement of their studies and their stay abroad must be temporary. In other words, students will not qualify if they have lived abroad for more than 3 years before starting their studies.

For more information, please refer to this link:


The Icelandic Student Loan Fund (Icelandic: Lánasjóður íslenskra námsmanna or LÍN) is a government-funded and government-run student loan fund for Icelandic citizens. It provides loans for living expenses of up to 7 years of university studies. Repayment of the loans is at below-market-rate interest, with a two-year grace period upon completion of studies.

Courses of study qualify for loans if an educational institution offers them as full-time studies; 60 ECTS units of study in each academic year or at least 30 ECTS units each semester in cases where the course structure does not cover a complete academic year.

For more information, please refer to this link:

Students on a shoot at Met Film School