Terms & Conditions
The Smart Screen Creative Awards is conducted by MetFilm Ltd with company number 04790426 and registered office address at Ealing Studios, Ealing Green, London W5 5EP, United Kingdom.
The Smart Screen Creative Awards include six categories:
- Creative Excellence
- Technical Excellence
To enter one of the six categories
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Your must follow the submission rules.
- You must be eligible (see eligibility).
- You must agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- You can submit your personal or student project. This can be a film, an advert, a script, a pitch, a business plan and other relevant initiatives.
- Your project must have been created while you were enrolled as a ScreenSpace student or MetFilm School student in London or Berlin.
- If your project has previously won a Smart Screen Creative Award, you cannot submit this project again but you can resubmit any other projects that didn’t win.
- You can submit as many projects as you like to as many categories as you wish. Each entry must be made separately at www.metfilmschool.ac.uk/enterssca
- You must be eligible for the awards – see eligibility.
- The deadline for submission is 16 September 2019.
- You must own the rights to any projects you submit.
Nominees and winners
Nominees are allowed to bring up to 3 guests with them to the ceremony. The winners in each category will be chosen by the Judging Panel comprised of MetFilm School tutors and external industry experts.
The submission should include the following information:
- Your personal details (incl. name, course attending/attended, email address and phone number.
- Your project’s title, format and run time.
- The Award category you are submitting to.
- Names of all MetFilm School team members involved in the project.
- A link to your video content, either on Youtube or Vimeo. If private, please provide password
- A written entry (maximum 400 words), evidencing why your project or content meets the criteria of the Award category entered.
- Any further supporting documentation or links.
- Agreement to the Award’s terms & conditions stated on this page.
- All alumni and current students of our accredited courses in London and Berlin completing their study in 2018, 2019 or beyond.
- All past and current students of our short courses in London and Berlin who completed a course of at least 8 weeks full-time, or 6 months part-time, or longer in 2018 or 2019.
- MetFilm School London: BAF 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, BAF-TY 02, 03 , 04, 05, CPF04.
- MetFilm School Berlin: BAF-B07, BAF-B08, BAF-B09
- ScreenSpace: BCF-S01
- MetFilm School London: MAF 08, 09, 10, 11, MFM01
- MetFilm School Berlin: MDR-B03, MDR-B04, MDF-B03.
Short courses: Any six-month full-time, six-month part-time or eight-week full-time course which completed in 2018 or 2019 or beyond.
Nominees from MetFilm School Berlin
MetFilm School will pay for the flights and accommodation for nominees from MetFilm School Berlin. Note: MetFilm School will only pay for the flight from Berlin to London and for the return flight from London to Berlin. The flights and accommodation must be booked by a representative of MetFilm School and not by the nominees themselves.
This award will go to a project that demonstrates exceptional engagement with a specific audience. To win this category the student need to explain how they identified the audience, developed the brand and story and promoted their content, with the evidence of success. We are looking for content and projects that show:
- Demonstrable audience engagement
- Dedication to one theme throughout
- Evidence of audience prizes, viewership, etc.
This award will go to a piece of outstanding creative content that demonstrates excellence in every aspect of its execution, from the script development all the way through to the post production. We are looking for projects that indisputably show the best of the best in every aspect of:
- Production and visual aesthetic
- Subject and meaningful storylines
- Commercial audience appeal
This award will go to a project or content that shines a light on a diversity or community cause. It could be content or projects highlighting an LGBT, gender, ethnicity or other diversity or community cause that could make a real difference to people’s lives. We are looking for projects or content that:
- Show diversity in front of and/or behind the camera
- Was created by a team that reflects diversity and representation
- Focuses attention on underrepresented groups
This award will go to a project that demonstrates smart thinking in the business of screen. It could be the fundraising for the project, the promotion of the end product or any other project that shows exceptional business sense from the student and their fellow team and crew. We are looking for content and projects that show:
- Evidence of the commercial success
- Evidence of how you went about it up to and including delivery
- Filmed content, crowdfunding campaigns, company ventures
This award will go to a piece of content that demonstrates making an impact. The project should raise awareness of a cause and influence the viewer’s perception. It could be a documentary, a charity advert, a social media campaign or a work of fiction. We are looking for evidence that the work:
- Was part of a larger strategy for change
- Made an impact on the intended audience
- Influenced and made a demonstrable change
This award will go to a project which showcases new ideas that are unexpected, innovative and thought-provoking, regardless of their format. The project will need to push boundaries and show exceptional originality and awareness. We are looking for projects or content that show:
- New ways of addressing subjects and content
- Technical or industrial innovation
- Creative innovation in how they were made
Submitting your work
- By submitting your work, you agree that nothing in your entry shall infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party and indemnify MetFilm School against any third party infringement claim.
- By submitting your work, you agree that some elements of your work, including up to 30 seconds of your screen content, might be used by MetFilm School for marketing purposes to promote the school and the event.
- By submitting your work, you agree to allow MetFilm School to use any materials within your entry for internal educational use.
- NOTE: MetFilm School will not publish any entries externally without the entry owner’s permission.
- The competition shall be governed by the laws of England.
- Entries that do not comply in full with these rules will be disqualified.
- If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact email@example.com