A massive thank you to everyone who entered this year’s Refocus Competition. Good luck to all the shortlisted entries!
What do you want to try in 2019?
Show us in one photo to win a place on a short course worth up to £5,000.
Pick your idea. Thinking of learning a new language? Want to spend more time outdoors? Desperate to improve your skills in the kitchen? Whatever you’ve set your sights on this year, we want to see it!
Take a photo. Once you have an idea, simply take a photo that expresses it. We’re not fussy about the picture quality (use your smartphone if you like), but we will be judging your photo on originality, composition, personality and creativity. Feel free to edit the photo a bit too. Have some fun with it.
Enter it! All that’s left to do is upload your photo using the form below. You can even give your photo a description to briefly explain exactly what it is you want to try in 2019. We’ll use your accompanying details to get in touch if your photo is shortlisted.
Vote for your favourite photo on Instagram by clicking on it below.
By Ana Laranjeira
In 2019, I want to start my own creative project on environmental protection. This photograph is a double-exposure, on a 35mm film.
By Carys Thomas
I want to look up more. To spend less time distracted by a screen, and more time behind a camera, appreciating the world around me.
- 1st place – Course voucher to use on any short course/free place on short course worth up to £5000.
- 2-3rd place – A free weekend course (worth £550) or £500 voucher to use on any short course.
- 4-9th place – £200 voucher to use on any short course.
HOW TO WIN
(All times are GMT)
- Entries will close on Monday 11 Feb 2019 at 11:59am.
- A shortlist of nine photos will then be shared on the MetFilm School Instagram for a public vote.
- Voting will open on Monday 11 Feb 2019 at 3:00pm.
- Voting will close on Monday 18 Feb 2019 at 11:59am. Prizes will be allocated based on the number of likes your photo has received.
- To increase your chance of winning, share your photo with friends and family on social media.
- Winners will be notified on the closing day before 5:00pm.
- Full terms & conditions are available at the bottom of this page.
Got a question? Get in touch! Contact email@example.com.
- All entrants of the Refocus Competition 2019 must be aged 18+ at the time of submitting an entry.
- Only the author of the photo is eligible to submit an entry.
- Only one entry per person allowed.
- The course takes place in London, UK. MetFilm School is not liable for any accommodation or travel costs for competition winners.
- The winner must book the course by Saturday 31 August 2019 11:59pm.
- By submitting an entry, the author agrees that nothing within the entry will infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party and indemnify MetFilm School against any third-party infringement claim.
- MetFilm School has the full right to disqualify on entry if we believe that it does not comply with the terms and conditions and/or is not relevant to the competition rules. MetFilm School reserves the right to exclude any entries that are deemed inappropriate and a likely to cause offence.
- MetFilm School staff, and members of their family, are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Entry for this competition closes on Monday 11 February 2019 11:59am.
A panel of judges from MetFilm School will on the competition closing date choose nine entries from all the valid competition entries. The selected entries will be posted on MetFilm School’s Instagram account by Monday 11 February 2019 3:00pm. The shortlisted entries may further be promoted on other Social Media accounts affiliated with MetFilm School along with associated websites.
- All voting will be conducted on Instagram. Voting opens on Monday 11 February 2019 3:00pm, and closes on Monday 18 February 2019 11:59am.
- By entering the Competition, the author irrevocably authorises MetFilm School to use their submission as promotional material for this competition and any future competitions on any platform in all perpetuity.
The first place competition winner receives a course voucher for one of MetFilm School London’s non-accredied short courses worth up to £5000. The eligible courses are:
All the available courses can be found here. The second and third place competition runners up will be awarded a course voucher for one of MetFilm School London’s Weekend courses worth up to £550 or a £500 course voucher of any short course. All prizes are subject to availability. If the preferred course is fully booked or cancelled, an alternative date/course will be offered. The winners can offer their prize to another person as a gift. No cash alternative will be offered.