Jonny Persey is the Director of MetFilm. He is passionate about creating and maintaining a valuable and industry-relevant educational system, spearheading the synergy between the group’s separate facets to offer students the best learning experience possible. He gets a buzz from watching our graduates win work, runs projects, and apply their trade in film, television, online, and across the creative industries in the UK and beyond.
Jonny has over twenty years’ experience in producing films, and his credits reveal an eclectic mix of thought-provoking, inquisitive and entertaining titles. He and his team have produced numerous documentaries, including Sundance prize-winning How to Change the World, Grierson winner Deep Water, BIFA nominated The Great Hip-Hop Hoax, Town of Runners, Donor Unknown, and School in the Cloud. He has also produced or exec produced a series of fiction films, including most recently The Mercy based on our documentary Deep Water, and Swimming with Men based on our documentary Men Who Swim as well as other award-winning feature films including The Infidel written by David Baddiel, Little Ashes starring Robert Pattinson, and Wondrous Oblivion.
Having studied psychology at Cambridge University and worked for several years as a youth worker and organisational development consultant, Jonny produced his first feature film, Everyone’s Child, in Zimbabwe in 1996. He then went on to study at the National Film & Television School where he produced a series of acclaimed short films both through the school and independently.
- METFILM SCHOOL PARTNERS WITH BRITISH URBAN FILM FESTIVAL 2019
- METFILM SCHOOL APPEARS ON LONDON LIVE
- METFILM SCHOOL GRADUATES AMONG THE HIGHEST PAID IN THE UK CREATIVE ARTS
- LONDON’S METFILM SCHOOL PARTNERS WITH MTV STAYING ALIVE FOUNDATION FOR 2019 SCHOLARSHIP
- DISCOVERING NEW YOUTUBE ANIMATED SERIES SHERWOOD WITH JUSTIN TREFGARNE
- FLYING HIGH: BA GRADUATE CALLUM BURN BRINGS WWII FEATURE LANCASTER SKIES TO CINEMAS NATIONWIDE
- SHOUTING PROUDLY FROM THE ROOFTOPS: METFILM SCHOOL GRADUATES CREDITED ON 6 OSCAR NOMINATED FILMS!
- LIFELONG FILM BUFF TO FILMMAKER: METFILM ALUMNI CLAUDE GREEN DISCUSSES THE DOO DAH MAN
- A NOTE FROM MET FILM SCHOOL ON ARTICLE 50
- WHAT DOES A BREXIT MEAN FOR MET FILM SCHOOL CURRENT AND FUTURE STUDENTS?
- SCREENWRITING GRADUATE’S ‘HOW TO LOSE JOBS AND ALIENATE GIRLFRIENDS’ TO GET ITUNES RELEASE
- REALISING YOUR FILMMAKING DREAMS
- WHAT ARE THE FIRST STEPS INTO THE FILM INDUSTRY? OUR GUIDE FOR THE FILMMAKERS OF THE FUTURE.
- MET SUMMER CAMP LAUNCH!
- SILVIA BECK ANNOUNCED AS PROGRAMME LEADER AT MET FILM SCHOOL BERLIN!