The Discovery Day is designed to give you a taste of what MetFilm School has to offer.
In this workshop, we will introduce you to smartphone storytelling, filming and the basics of screen production which enable you to begin creating online video.
This course is ideal for beginners looking to understand the basics of creating a video, and particularly for those who are looking to pursue further studies in screen production, content creation and the creative industries: from filmmaking to YouTube videos and viral campaigns.
- 11th January 2020 (BA Practical Filmmaking)
- 22nd February 2020 (BA Practical Filmmaking)
- 21st March 2020 (BA Screen Acting)
- 25th April 2020 (BA Practical Filmmaking)
- 6th June 2020 (BA Screen Acting)
- 4th July 2020 (BA Practical Filmmaking)
- 1st August 2020 (BA Screen Acting)
- 5th September 2020 (BA Practical Filmmaking)
To find out more, please fill in our contact form.
Please note Discovery Days are for aged 17+.
Please note: There is no visitor parking available at Ealing Studios. Where possible, we advise attending via public transport or looking for appropriate public parking in advance. However, with a prior advanced warning, we can sometimes make exceptions for large groups.
Our Discovery Days run from 10 – 6 pm, including two practical exercises. The first half of the day involved an Ideas Workshop which includes:
- Storytelling and brainstorming methods.
- Directing techniques.
- Working to a brief.
- Targeting an audience.
You will explore how to brainstorm effectively, how to use your ideas to tell a story and to influence with online video. You will be given a brief that you will work for the final exercise of the day. You will consider how to unpick and respond to a brief, and how to get your ideas across on screen
You will be set a short filmmaking exercise which will introduce you to the basics of directing the video. Working in teams you’ll respond to the briefing over a two-hour shooting period
The second half of the day is an Editing Masterclass where you will bring your video to life working with a professional video editor. This includes
- Workflows and vision.
- Review and critique of shot material.
- How to create an assembly edit.
- Working creatively with music and colour (time permitting).
Please fill in the form below.