See our behind-the-scenes images of the shoot! The BBC London news team visited Met Film…
Met partners with the BFI for Blackstar 241 Offer
We are proud to announce that Met Film School is offering a 241 discount in partnership with the BFI for films being shown at its London venues as part of it’s Black Star season.
Black Star is the UK’s largest ever season of screen content celebrating the breadth of material produced by black filmmaking professionals. Black Star launches at a time when diversity is clearly a focus for the moving image industry and it aims to spotlight strong storylines and characters showcasing black talent to a wide audience. From Jazz to Hip Hop, Poitier to Prince, Josephine Baker to Beyoncé there’s something for everyone. Heather Stewart, Creative Director of the BFI, commented:
“With Black Star we are celebrating great performances and bringing them back to the big screen for everyone to enjoy. And we are also asking searching questions, of our industry and of ourselves, driven by a passion to meet the expectations of audiences who rightly expect to see their stories and aspirations reflected on screen.”
Films not to miss include: Sidney Poitier’s Oscar® winning performance in In the Heat of the Night, Dirty Pretty Things, directed by Met Advisory Board member Stephen Frears featuring the Oscar® nominated Chiwetel Ejiofor and the Eighties sisterhood classic Waiting to Exhale featuring impeccable performances from Angela Bassett and Whitney Houston.
- View full breakdown of Blackstar screenings
- Enter quote star241 to claim your 241 discount when booking online, via phone at 020 7928 3232 or in person
- Valid for all current and previous Met Film School students, as well as staff
- Please note the code can be used more than once but the offer only applies to two tickets being bought for the same film. This offer excludes previews and special events.
- Blackstar runs at the BFI until Dec 31st 2016
Met Film School in the News – Students speak about Steve McQueen’s Oscar win.