Clearing at Met Film School
So you now have your A-Level results and are busy researching what options are now available for you, but don’t panic! We still have a limited number of Clearing spaces available on exciting practical filmmaking courses starting 30 September 2013. Have a look our Clearing advice below and contact us now for more information.
1. Securing your place If you are interested in applying during clearing call our admissions team on or after 15 August to find out more about the admissions process. Call on Tel: +44 20 8280 9119. Alternatively Email: email@example.com and provide us with your telephone number and a member of our sales team will call you back.
2. Clearing Open evening We will be running an open evening on Wed 21 August at 7pm at our Ealing Studios campus, specifically for students planning to join our accredited programmes in September 2013. We will be giving you more information about studying with us and you will have the opportunity to be taken round our campus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place now! Check out our BA (Hons) Practical Filmmaking 2013 Showreel!
3. What is Clearing?
Clearing is organised by UCAS and is the last opportunity for you to find a place at university for this September. Clearing is for students who:
- Haven’t secured the grades needed to secure their first or second choice of course
- Haven’t applied through UCAS yet and now want to apply for September 2013 entry
- Students who have exceeded the offer made to them by their choice of University, to reconsider where and what to study.
- Sent their application to UCAS after 30 June 2013
4. How it works
Most universities will publish their Clearing course vacancies early on Thursday 15 August (following A Level results).
In Clearing, applicants contact universities with spaces directly to talk to them about the courses available and whether their application can be considered. If an offer is made, each university will provide you with a course code, institution code and a time period for which the offer is valid (typically 12-48 hours).
When you have decided which offer you want to take up, you must enter the details on UCAS Track within the agreed time period using the ‘Add a Clearing Choice’ button. This button will only appear once Track becomes fully functional (around 5pm or later on results day). You can only enter one choice, and you must have discussed your application with the university first. If you enter a choice without having first spoken to the university you are likely to cause yourself significant delays and may even lose out on a course you were really interested in.
Note: Met Film also requires BA and Cert (HE) students applying during clearing to fill in our programme application form. See admissions information.
5. Courses available for application during Clearing
We have a limited number of clearings spaces available on the following courses starting 30 September 2013: