Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Eight-Week From Story to Screen
- Eight-week full-time course (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)
- For students who are considering a career change and looking to build a solid foundation in filmmaking
- Write and direct your own 10-minute film
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Eight-Week From Story to Screen equips you with fundamental skills in filmmaking disciplines such as camera operating, editing, directing, producing and screenwriting. The course culminates in the production of your own short film.
- Practical. Participate in a variety of workshops from screenwriting to postproduction, work with professional actors and turn your knowledge into practical experience by writing and directing your 10-minute film
- Comprehensive. Explore various screen roles, including Director, Screenwriting and Camera Operator, before deciding on the next steps in your studies or career
- Creative. Learn from industry professional tutors and award-winning guest speakers, including famous Directors, Cinematographers, Editors, Producers and other screen specialists
- Connected. Join the school’s online forum to build connections, collaborate with the creative student community and receive information about the latest projects and jobs
Below you will find the areas you will study on our six-month practical filmmaking course. To learn more about each one of these topics, please download our prospectus clicking on the link below.
- Visual storytelling – how to use camera to tell a story
- Screenwriting – script structure and storyboard
- Casting and directing actors
- Camera and sound
- Directing and managing a crew
- Shooting and editing film
You will be taught by a variety of tutors who will all be experienced industry professionals. Some recent tutors include:
Emma Lindley is an award-winning film and television director and producer who has strong working relationships with BAFTA and EMMY award winning companies. Her films have been broadcast on the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 in the UK and sold to TV networks around the world. Her drama credits as a director include the multi-award winning ITV comedy series My Parents are Aliens, teen drama series 24Seven (ITV) and popular children’s series Brum (BBC). Her documentary credits as producer/director include the BBC series My Life and Who are We? and an award nominated one-hour special on iconic fashion, Anatomy of a Closet (Ovation TV).
Dates & Prices
- 18 Sep 2017 — 10 Nov 2017
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Our Eight-Week From Story to Screen course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Eight Weeks Full-Time (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetGO team (Met Student and Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and much more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for.
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses