Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
DO YOU WANT TO VISIT METFILM SCHOOL?
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
Part-Time Six-Month Screenwriting
- Six-month, part-time course – alternate Saturdays, 10am – 5pm
- For students who are looking for an intensive immersion in the art of writing for film, television and commercial and who would like to attend classes during weekends
- Learn about every stage of the screenwriting process from idea development to bringing your project to the marketplace
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Part-Time Six-Month Screenwriting is a dynamic course for students who are looking for an intensive immersion in the art of screenwriting but require a part-time schedule. You will learn how to produce original, engaging work that is competitive in today’s marketplace.
- Practical. Participate in numerous workshops and exercises with working industry tutors and gain a real-life experience by pitching your project to an industry professional
- Comprehensive. The course covers every step of screenwriting process from developing an idea for screen to packaging your script and bringing your project into the marketplace
- Creative. Learn from industry professional tutors and award-winning guest speakers
- Connected. Join the school’s online forum to build connections, collaborate with the creative student community and receive information about the latest projects and jobs
- How to develop an idea for screen
- Characterisation techniques
- Script drafting process
- Build an understanding of the feature fillm marketplace from a producing and distributing prospective
Dates & Prices
- 10 April 2021 — 25 September 2021
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: This course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this, please contact email@example.com
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Six Months, Part-Time, alternate Saturdays, 10am – 5pm
You will be taught by a variety of tutors who will all be experienced industry professionals. Some recent tutors include Philippe Longchamp an international screenwriter whose credits include critically acclaimed Ein Teil von mir, Fast Learners and the television drama – The Judge Is a Woman. Find out more.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at MetFilm School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetFilm Futures team help our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for.
Tom Meadmore’s film How To Lose Jobs and Alienate Girlfriends has received a strong critical acclaim and it is now available through iTunes: “I knew I needed to understand subtext and structure on a really deep level – hence why I did a screenwriting course. I wanted to get a screenplay written in six months. As teaching took place on alternate Saturdays, it was manageable around other career commitments”. Read more.
- Situated and based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. Ealing Studios is a professional film and television production environment and MetFilm School is based inside this space, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Being on the lot creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students and these are advertised through our student opportunity department, MetFilm Futures.
MetFilm School does have its own studio space – Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our Post Graduate Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case by case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
Regarding the main studios, we expect all students to be courteous, professional and respectful while they are on the lot. For obvious reasons, they cannot enter sets or professional productions freely.
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses