Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses, when you book six months ahead of the course start date.
DO YOU WANT TO VISIT METFILM SCHOOL?
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
- Six-month full-time course (Monday – Friday, 10am – 5pm)
- For students who are considering a career change and looking to build robust understanding of the screen businesses
- Find out about budgeting and scheduling
- Learn how to work with writers to get the very best out of them
- Study the legal aspects of the screen business
- Build a sustainable career as a film producer
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
This six-month full-time course prepares you for a producer role in film, television and online media. It equips you with essential business and creative skills to secure a job in the screen industries or succeed as an entrepreneur.
- Learn about the opportunities and benefits of producing short films, feature films, TV and online projects
- Find out how to maximise the use of resources under your control when producing a film
- Develop your budgeting and scheduling skills, essential for the success of your project
- Produce a market-ready idea for film or television and present your finance, marketing and budget plans, revenue waterfall and a TV Bible
- Learn how to pitch to commissioners and investors
- Build an understanding of the legal side of film production
- Receive guidance and feedback from an industry professional tutor and develop a strategy for the next steps of your producing career
Below you will find the areas you will study on our six-month producing course. To learn more about each one of these topics, please download our prospectus clicking on the link below.
- Introduction to Production
- Introduction to Structure and the Marketplace
- Basic Budget and Scheduling Skills
- Producing For TV
- Producing For Online
- Online Series Pilot
- Drama Bible and Finance Plans
- Advanced Financing
- Presentation and pitching
Dates & Prices
- 12 October 2020 — 2 April 2021
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com or give us a call: +44 20 8280 9119
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first come, first served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Six Months, Full-Time
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at MetFilm School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetFilm Futures team help our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for.
- Situated and based in the world-famous Ealing Studios.. Ealing Studios is a professional film and television production environment and MetFilm School is based inside this space, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Being on the lot creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students and these are advertised through our student opportunity department, MetFilm Futures.
MetFilm School does have its own studio space – Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our Post Graduate Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case by case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
Regarding the main studios, we expect all students to be courteous, professional and respectful while they are on the lot. For obvious reasons, they cannot enter sets or professional productions freely.
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses