Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Six-Month Practical Filmmaking
- Six-month full-time course for students looking for an intensive and practical alternative to traditional academic routes
- Covers creative and technical aspects of key screen disciplines, from screenwriting to editing
- Our students now work for companies like Sky and Channel 4
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Six-Month Practical Filmmaking is a highly practical course for students looking to kick-start their career in the business of screen.
The programme equips you with technical, creative and business skills in disciplines such as screenwriting, directing, camera operating, cinematography, producing and postproduction.
- Write and direct your first industry-standard short film
- Work as part of a creative crew on a variety of different roles, including Director, Screenwriter, Camera Operator, Cinematographer and Editor
- Make a short documentary within a small team outside of school premises
- Work with professional actors and receive guidance from working industry tutors
- Build connections and collaborate with the creative student community
Below you will find the areas you will study on our six-month practical filmmaking course. To learn more about each one of these topics, please download our prospectus clicking on the link below.
- Ideas and story
- Character and performance
- Image and sound
- Screen Business
- Working with actors
- Camera operating
Dates & Prices
- 30 OCT 2017 — 27 APR 2018
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Our Practical Filmmaking course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Six Months Full-Time
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The Met GO team (Met Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for.
Since graduating, Guy has worked on a number of short and feature film productions, including a recent film by Director Stephen Frears and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, starring Douglas Booth, Charles Dance and Matt Smith.
After her graduation last year, Julie secured a job as a studio technician at The Streaming Company to work on a variety of filming and editing projects. Early in 2016 she got accepted to the National Film and Television School, Met’s educational partner, for a year Diploma in Broadcast Production. Read more about Julie’s experience at Met.
- Famous facilities in Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses