Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Want to explore MetFilm School in person?
Book now for our next Short Course open day!
Six-Month Digital Animation & VFX
- Six-month full-time course for students looking to kick-start their careers in Visual Effects and Animation
- Our graduates now work for award-winning companies, including MPC, Double Negative VFX, Blue Zoo Animation, Illumination MacGuff
- Our students have gone on to work on projects like Mr Selfridge, Ripper Street, Disney’s The Jungle Book, Agent Carter, How to Change the World & Avengers: Age of Ultron
- The course builds a solid foundation in the main areas of 2D and 3D CG within software such as Maya, Zbrush, Mari, 3D Equalizer and Nuke
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
The Six Month Digital Animation & VFX course helps you step into the industry as a VFX Compositor, Artist, Producer or take on other similar roles. The programme covers the core VFX and Animation skills, including:
- Concept and Look Development
- Modelling and Sculpting
- Texture Mapping
- Shading, Rigging, Animation, Lighting, Rendering, Match-Move and Compositing (both Live Action, Full CG and CG + Live Action).
Below you will find the areas you will study on our six-month digital animation and VFX. To learn more about each one of these topics, please download our prospectus clicking on the link below.
Software: MAYA, ZBRUSH, MARI, MENTAL RAY
- 3D Modelling for Animatable Mechanical Characters (Box and Shell Polygonal Modeling, NURBS Modelling, 3D sculpting)
- UV Texturing, including multi-tiled UV texturing
- Procedural Texturing
- Shading, Lighting and Rendering, including Multi-pass Rendering for Compositing Rigging for animation Keyframe and MOCAP Animation principles and data management
- Free Keyframe Animation and Animation on Live Action Backgrounds Camera Projection techniques Data interchange formats between Maya, Nuke, Mari and Zbrush Dynamics: Cloth, Hair, Particles, Smoke, Rigid and Soft Bodies
- Data management for Dynamic Simulation
Software: NUKE, MAYA
- Roto and prep techniques
- Rig Removal Techniques
- Green Screen Production & Shooting Tips for Green Screen Works
- Camera Tracking
- Planar Tracking Digital Set Extension/ Digital Matte Painting Essentials/ Camera Projections
- CG & Live Action compositing
Software: 3D EQUALIZER
- Filming tips for Camera Tracking
- Survey Data
- Auto-tracking vs Manual Tracking
- Matchmove and object tracking
- Lens Distortion management
Dates & Prices
- 29 Oct 2018 — 19 Apr 2019
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Our Six-Month Digital Animation & VFX course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Six Months Full-Time
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The Met GO team (Met Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. These are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for:
Chris McKenna is a Six-Month Digital Animation graduate whose student film ‘Letter Storm’ was nominated for the Bang Awards – a prestigious International Animation competition. After working on various projects, he was employed by London Postproduction house MPC to work on Disney’s The Jungle Book.
- Famous facilities in Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more. Our degree course was described as ‘At the forefront of film pedagogy’ by the QAA
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses