Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses, when you book six months ahead of the course start date.
DO YOU WANT TO VISIT METFILM SCHOOL?
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
Part-Time Six-Month Acting for Film
- Six-month part-time course – Wednesday evenings (7pm – 10pm) and alternate Saturdays (10am – 5pm)
- For students who are looking to forge acting careers and want to build skills to produce a powerful on-screen performance
- Offers students an opportunity to complete several filmed exercises
- While this course is suitable for beginners, we do require a CV and showreel where possible in order to demonstrate your acting potential. If you are unable to provide this, we ask that you provide a monologue or ‘piece to camera’ as part of your application. For more information on this please contact email@example.com or give us a call: +44 20 8280 9119
Part-Time Acting for Film is a practical and intensive course for students who are looking to build acting careers and require a part-time schedule.
- Take part in several exercises filmed by a professional crew and edited by a professional editor
- Find out how subtext in acting can influence a performance and how to evaluate your choices as an actor when addressing script material
- Learn how to break down a scene into story beats and to define terms such as ‘through the line’ and ‘spine’
- Examine how to get the most from your rehearsals and use techniques such as improvisation, speaking out an interior monologue and rehearsing the script beat by beat
- Explore the casting process and how to prepare yourself for an audition
- Become familiar with filmmaking process, learn the jargon and discover how a crew covers a scene from various camera angles
- Subtext in Acting – Theory and Practice
- Script Analysis and performance
- Casting and Auditions
- Filmmaking Skills
- Taking part in filmed Scenes
Dates & Prices
- 7 April 2021 — 22 September 2021
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: While this course is suitable for beginners, we do require a CV and showreel where possible in order to demonstrate your acting potential. If you are unable to provide this, we ask that you provide a monologue or ‘piece to camera’ as part of your application. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call: +44 20 8280 9119
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com or give us a call: +44 20 8280 9119
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Six Months, Part-Time, Wednesday Evenings and alternate Saturdays
- Situated and based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. Ealing Studios is a professional film and television production environment and MetFilm School is based inside this space, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Being on the lot creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students and these are advertised through our student opportunity department, MetFilm Futures.
MetFilm School does have its own studio space – Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our Post Graduate Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case by case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
Regarding the main studios, we expect all students to be courteous, professional and respectful while they are on the lot. For obvious reasons, they cannot enter sets or professional productions freely.
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses