Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Part-Time Six-Month Acting for Film
- Six-month part-time course – Wednesday evenings (7pm – 10pm) and alternate Saturdays (10am – 5pm)
- For students who are looking to forge acting careers and want to build skills to produce a powerful on-screen performance
- Offers students an opportunity to complete several filmed exercises
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Part-Time Acting for Film is a practical and intensive course for students who are looking to build acting careers and require a part-time schedule.
- Take part in several exercises filmed by a professional crew and edited by a professional editor
- Find out how subtext in acting can influence a performance and how to evaluate your choices as an actor when addressing script material
- Learn how to break down a scene into story beats and to define terms such as ‘through the line’ and ‘spine’
- Examine how to get the most from your rehearsals and use techniques such as improvisation, speaking out an interior monologue and rehearsing the script beat by beat
- Explore the casting process and how to prepare yourself for an audition
- Become familiar with filmmaking process, learn the jargon and discover how a crew covers a scene from various camera angles
- Subtext in Acting – Theory and Practice
- Script Analysis and performance
- Casting and Auditions
- Filmmaking Skills
- Taking part in filmed Scenes
Dates & Prices
- 06 Sep 2017 — 07 Mar 2017
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The course is open enrollment and there are no entry requirements.
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com or give us a call: +44 20 8280 9119
Duration: Six Months, Part-Time, Wednesday Evenings and alternate Saturdays
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses