Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses, when you book six months ahead of the course start date.
DO YOU WANT TO VISIT METFILM SCHOOL?
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
Part-Time Six-Month Postproduction
- Six-month part-time course: Wednesday evenings (7pm – 10pm) and alternate Saturdays (10am – 5pm)
- For students who are looking to build postproduction skills across a variety of visual media but who cannot commit to the full- time schedule
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Part-Time Six-Month Postproduction is a modern and intensive course for students looking for training in the latest digital filmmaking postproduction techniques. It covers the core postproduction areas, including editing, colour grading, audio mixing and visual effects.
- Modern. Find out about the latest trends, techniques and software in the industry, with an opportunity to access Met Film’s high-end grading, sound mixing and recording equipment
- Practical. Become familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro and learn the fundamentals of other software packages such as Avid Media Composer and DaVinci Resolve
- Collaborative. Explore collaboration opportunities with students from other courses in the school and work together as a creative crew on common screen projects
- Creative. Learn from industry professional tutors and award-winning guest speakers
- Connected. Join the school’s online forum to build connections, collaborate with the creative student community and receive information about the latest projects and jobs
INTRODUCTION TO POSTPRODUCTION WORKFLOWS
- Introduction to Adobe Premiere® Pro
- Introduction to After Effects
- Introduction to Data Management Processes
- Video Compression Encoding and Distribution
VISUAL EFFECTS ESSENTIALS
- Visual effects overview
- Titling and motion graphics
- Introduction to digital compositing
- Working with Greenscreen
- Painting out elements from filmed material e.g. scene salvage
- Invisible effects – changing the look of the shots e.g. shot stabilization
EDITING – AVID
- Creative editing techniques and the art of storytelling
- Introduction to AVID Media Composer
- Introduction to adding postproduction effects
- Audio management
- Colour theory and colour correction
- Colour grading and look development e.g. shooting footage raw and applying a style
- Picture finishing skills
- Video broadcast standards
Dates & Prices
- 7 April 2021 — 22 September 2021
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: This course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first come, first served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email email@example.com
Duration: Six Months, Part-Time, Wednesday Evenings (7pm – 10pm) and alternate Saturdays (10am – 5pm)
You will be taught by a variety of tutors who will all be experienced industry professionals. The recent tutor Michael McHugh is a freelance editor and colorist with over seven years’ experience working on feature films, commercials, music videos, concerts, and documentaries.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at MetFilm School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetFilm Futures team help our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for.
- Situated and based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. Ealing Studios is a professional film and television production environment and MetFilm School is based inside this space, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Being on the lot creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students and these are advertised through our student opportunity department, MetFilm Futures.
MetFilm School does have its own studio space – Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our Post Graduate Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case by case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
Regarding the main studios, we expect all students to be courteous, professional and respectful while they are on the lot. For obvious reasons, they cannot enter sets or professional productions freely.
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses