Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
- Part-time 12-week course (Tuesdays 7pm-10pm)
- Ideal for filmmakers who are looking to tweak their own shots and create compelling VFX post work quickly, within tight budgets and deadlines
- Provides foundation on visible and invisible, cost-effective and easy to perform digital VFX in Adobe After Effects
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Part-Time Foundation in Visual Effects covers the main areas of Video Elements compositing, Background Clean-up & Replacement, Green Screen work, Titles Creation and 2D/3D Tracking in Adobe After Effects. The course equips you with the core skills to create compelling and cost-efficient VFX before committing to more in-depth training.
- Operate the most commonly used tools of Adobe After Effects
- Mask out unwanted static and moving elements and people from your footage
- Perform Green Screen keys
- Match colour grading from across different elements
- Perform basic camera tracking
- Track 2D motion on live action plates
- Stabilise shaky plates
- Composite muzzle flashes/ dust/ smoke/ fire elements
- Composite CG 3D renders over live action footage
- Add particle effects to your footage (Star Dust/ Sparks)
- Perform basic digital matte painting (DMP)
- Animate titles
Dates & Prices
- 12 Sep 2017 — 28 Nov 2017
Dates12/09/2017 - 28/11/2017
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The course is open enrollment and there are no entry requirements.
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call: +44 20 8280 9119
Duration: Twelve Weeks, Part-Time, Tuesdays 7pm-10pm
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetGO team (Met Student and Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. These are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for:
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister company Met Film Production, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses