Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses of less than six-month’s duration, when you book six months ahead of the course start date.
Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Want to explore MetFilm School in person?
Book now for our General Summer Open Day on Saturday 21 July 2018!
Part-Time Foundation in Screenwriting
- Twelve-week part-time course – Tuesdays evenings (7pm – 10pm)
- For students who would like to explore the world of screenwriting but require a part-time schedule
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Part-Time Foundation in Screenwriting is a practical and intensive course for students who are considering a career change and would like to explore the world of screenwriting. Find out what it takes to write for film, television or online media.
- Practical. Participate in numerous workshops and exercises with working industry tutors.
- Comprehensive. Learn the fundamental screenwriting skills from developing a cinematic concept to pitching your project to the industry and build an understanding of the screen marketplace and career opportunities for a screenwriter.
- Creative. Learn from industry professional tutors and award-winning guest speakers, including famous directors, cinematographers, editors, producers and other screen specialists
- Connected. Join the school’s online forum to build connections, collaborate with the creative student community and receive information about the latest projects and jobs
- Genre, story and audience
- Developing a cinematic concept
- Creating memorable characters
The fundamentals of dramatic structure and formatting
- Pitching and presenting your work
Dates & Prices
- 4 Sep 2018 — 20 Nov 2018
Dates04/09/2018 - 20/11/2018
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: This course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements. However, to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Twelve weeks, Part-Time, Tuesdays evenings (7pm – 10pm)
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetGO team (Met Student and Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and much more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone to work for:
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister company Met Film Production, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses