Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses of less than six-month’s duration, when you book six months ahead of the course start date.
Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Part-Time Foundation in Producing
- Twelve-week part-time course – Tuesdays evenings (7pm – 10pm)
- For students who are looking for an intensive practical training but can only commit to a part-time schedule
- Perfect for those who have a film project in mind or who have transferable business skills that can be applied to a filmmaking context
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Part-Time Foundation in Producing is a practical and industry-focused course for students who wish to understand the business of screen or would like to start a career as a producer.
- Practical. Participate in a number of practical workshops and exercises which recreate the challenges that producers face in the industry
- Dynamic and comprehensive. Learn how films are created, financed and sold in just 12 weeks
- Creative. Learn from industry professional tutors and award-winning guest speakers, including famous directors, cinematographers, editors, producers and other screen specialists
- Connected. Join the school’s online forum to build connections, collaborate with the creative student community and receive information about the latest projects and jobs
- Learn how the global and UK film industry operates
- Understand the roles of different types of producers (creative, line, and financial producer)
- Learn how to utilise digital technologies and the internet for screen content production
- Learn how to market yourself as an independent producer
Dates & Prices
- 25 Sep 2018 — 11 Dec 2018
Dates25/09/2018 - 11/12/2018
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: This course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements. However, to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Twelve weeks, Part-Time, Tuesdays evenings (7pm – 10pm)
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetGO team (Met Student and Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and much more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone on to work for.
Perry Bhandal’s Interview with a Hitman was launched at Cannes 2012. The film, starring Luke Goss, went on to receive worldwide distribution and took $331,000 in advance from 20 territories. Perry says: “My experience at Met Film School helped focus my strategy on getting my first feature off the ground.” Read more.
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses