Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses of less than six-month’s duration, when you book six months ahead of the course start date.
Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
PART-TIME FOUNDATION IN FILMMAKING
- Twelve-week part-time course (Tuesdays 7pm-10pm)
- Ideal for students who are passionate about filmmaking but require a part-time schedule
- Take part in several practical exercises to improve your shooting, directing and editing skills
- Understand how films are made
- Learn about key roles and responsibilities of individual crew members
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Part-Time Foundation in Filmmaking familiarises you with filmmaking process and builds a solid foundation in the core screen crafts. The course consists of both lectures and practical workshops, giving you an opportunity to put what you learn into practice and take an informed decision about the next steps in your career or studies.
- Learn about the role of director, including directing actors and preparing for a shoot using storyboards, script markups and technical floor plans
- Discover the role of screenwriter and the stages of story development
- Receive camera training and technical operation skills, including the effect of differing focal length lenses, digital camera, the principles of shot composition, master short, close-ups and cutaways
- Become familiar with the role of the sound recordist by learning about sound kit, working with sound equipment and recording dialogues
- Receive introduction to cinematography by learning about lighting and the basics of shot composition
- Develop postproduction skills to be able to edit your screen content
- Direct a short sequence to practise on-set procedures, camera operation, sound recording and directing commands
- Introduction and filmmaking overview
- Overview of screenwriting
- Introduction to producing
- Introduction to directing
- Sound training
- Practical exercise
- Introduction to editing
- Review of your filmed exercise
Dates & Prices
- 14 Aug 2018 — 30 Oct 2018
Dates14/08/2018 - 30/10/2018
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: This course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements. However, to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Twelve weeks, Part-Time, Tuesdays evenings (7pm – 10pm)
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetGO team (Met Student and Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and much more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone on to work for.
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister company Met Film Production, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses