Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses of less than six-months duration, when you book six months ahead of the course start date.
Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Want to visit MetFilm School?
Book now for our Short Course Open Day on Saturday 27 April 2019
Part-Time Foundation in Documentary:
- Twelve-week part-time course – Tuesdays evenings (7pm – 10pm)
- For students who would like to learn how to make documentaries but require a part-time schedule
- Practical course which develops factual shooting skills
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Part-Time Foundation in Documentary is a practical and intensive course for students who want to develop, shoot and pitch their documentary and factual screen content.
- Practical. Learn shooting skills including camera operating, sound recording, lighting a scene and editing
- Real-word experience. Learn how to research, develop, structure and pitch your ideas
- Comprehensive. Become familiar with the current context of documentary and factual and learn how to construct a narrative for this genre
- Camera Workshop
- Storytelling Techniques for Documentary
- Research & Development for Documentary
- Sound Workshop
- Ideas Workshop
- Lighting Workshop
- Editing Session
- Shooting your documentary
- Editing the shoot
- Career opportunities for documentary filmmakers
Dates & Prices
- 13 August 2019 — 29 October 2019
Dates13/08/2019 - 29/10/2019
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call: +44 20 8280 9119
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first come, first served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email email@example.com
Duration: Twelve Weeks, Part-Time, Tuesdays 7pm-10pm
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister company Met Film Production, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses