Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Part-Time Six-Month Filmmaking
- Six-month part-time course – Wednesday evenings (7pm – 10pm) and alternate Saturdays (10am – 5pm)
- For students who are looking for an intensive practical filmmaking training but can only commit to a part-time schedule
- Write and direct your own 10-minute film
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Part-Time Six-Month Filmmaking is an all-encompassing and dynamic course for students who are considering a career change but can’t commit to a full-time schedule. It allows students to explore their potential as screenwriters, directors, camera operators, editors and producers.
- Practical. Participate in a variety of workshops, work with professional actors and industry tutors and turn your knowledge into practical experience by writing and directing your 10-minute film
- Comprehensive. Try different roles, including camera operator, editor, director, producer and screenwriter to take an informed decision about the next steps in your career or studies
- Creative. Learn from industry professional tutors and award-winning guest speakers, including famous directors, cinematographers, editors, producers and other screen specialists
- Connected. Join the school’s online forum to build connections, collaborate with the creative student community and receive information about the latest projects and jobs
- Visual storytelling – how to use camera to tell a story
- Screenwriting – script structure and storyboard
- Casting and directing actors
- Camera and sound
- Directing and managing a crew
- Shooting and editing film
Dates & Prices
- 27 Sep 2017 — 21 Mar 2018
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: This course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this, please contact email@example.com
Duration: Six Months, Part-Time, Wednesday Evenings (7pm – 10pm) and alternate Saturdays (10am – 5pm)
You will be taught by a variety of tutors who will all be experienced industry professionals. Some recent tutors include:
Sarah Warren is a writer, director and actor. Sarah produced a short film, Tape, by director Matt Sadowski-Austin, that was selected for Cannes Film Festival. Her second feature film, a comedy entitled Catch It Early, was one of four selected to be developed with the National Screen Institute’s Features First Program. Read more.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. The MetGO team (Met Student and Graduate Opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and much more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone on to work for.
Marcus Markou released Papadopoulos & Sons himself in April 2013 grossing £40,000 on the opening weekend in 13 Cineworld cinemas. Since then the film has been acquired by the BBC and been released in Germany across 100 screens.
“I loved Met Film School because it was a practical filmmaking course, being thrown into the deep end and meeting new friends, some of whom I ended up working with on Papadopoulos & Sons.” Read more.
- Famous facilities at Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses