Virtual Production is here to stay and presents a fascinating new opportunity for filmmakers. This course is designed to introduce film professionals to the world of VP and give you the know-how to communicate confidently with VP technicians and bring your next story to life with this incredible new technology.
As Virtual Production transforms the film industry, streamlines the production process, and expands the capacities of VFX to be captured in real-time, this 2-day course will hand working film creatives the toolbox they need to understand what Virtual Production can do for any size of video project. Intended for filmmakers, directors, producers, cinematographers and art directors from across the industry, this workshop lays a thorough ground-work for understanding how the physical and virtual worlds meet in the Virtual Production studio and how VP can transform the way you plan and shoot, and significantly reduce production cost and time. You will get first-hand experience on the Garden Studios Virtual Stage.
- Virtual Production pipeline from story, to shoot, to screen
- Basics of designing virtual spaces in Unreal Engine
- Key terms & technical foundations
- How VP transforms the pre-production and production processes
- What VP can (and can’t yet) do
- Best practices in VP
- Communicating with HODs and the VFX team in a VP production process
- Integrating traditional and virtual creative elements (i.e. lighting, set design)
- Comparing costs, timelines, and capacities of Virtual Production shoots with those on location, in traditional studios, and with green screen
- Case studies
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS COURSE IN JULY 2021 ARE NOW CLOSED! NEW DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.