Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
DO YOU WANT TO VISIT METFILM SCHOOL?
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
Intro to Screenwriting
- Two-day weekend course (Saturday-Sunday, 10am-5pm)
- For students who have an idea for a film but don’t know where to begin
- Covers the fundamental principles of writing marketable and engaging content for screen
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
- Explore different techniques to create original and engaging characters
- Understand the three-act structure in screenwriting
- Learn how to develop the right structural approach for your script
- Discover classical and non-classical narrative genres
- Explore the principles of dramatic structure and the function of scenes, characters and action to further your narrative
- Learn how to format synopses and treatments
- Understand the role of screenwriters within the screen industry
Dates & Prices
- 20 February 2021 — 21 February 2021
Dates20/02/2021 - 21/02/2021
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email email@example.com
Duration: Two Days Full-Time
- Situated and based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. Ealing Studios is a professional film and television production environment and MetFilm School is based inside this space, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Being on the lot creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students and these are advertised through our student opportunity department, MetFilm Futures.
MetFilm School does have its own studio space – Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our Post Graduate Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case by case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
Regarding the main studios, we expect all students to be courteous, professional and respectful while they are on the lot. For obvious reasons, they cannot enter sets or professional productions freely.
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK, we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses