Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting-edge, practical learning experience.
Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses, when you book three months or more before the course start date.
INTRO TO ACTING FOR FILM
Intro to Acting for Film is a two-day weekend course for students who have never acted before or who have some theatrical experience which they want to develop in front of the camera. This course is suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required.
Students will explore the following key areas during the Intro to Acting for Film course:
- What subtext is and its function within a scene
- Different ways to prepare a scene for performance
- The main cues a director gives an actor when filming
- Different shot sizes and how these impact your performance and range of movement
- How to be confident acting in front of the camera
The Course Outline below describes the key craft areas and skills you will cover during your course.
Start Dates & Prices
- 20 November 2021 — 21 November 2021 Fully Booked
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com.
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration: Two Days Full-Time.
- Based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. MetFilm School is based within Ealing Studios, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Our location creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Watch our London Campus Tour
- Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students which are advertised through our career’s advice department, MetFilm Futures. MetFilm School does have its own studio space; Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our MA Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case-by-case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
- Award-winning tutors. MetFilm School’s tutors are working screen professionals – TV and film directors, producers, screenwriters, editors, animators and other industry specialists with numerous awards, including BAFTA, Emmy and Oscar nominations.
- Connected. Through working closely with our sister companies MetFilm Production and MetFilm Sales, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. These provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals.
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and ScreenSkills Select.