Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
INTRO TO ONLINE VIDEO
Intro to Online Video is designed to introduce you to the basics of screen production which enables you to begin creating online video.
- One-day course
- Storytelling and brainstorming methods
- Directing techniques
- Working to a brief
- Targeting an audience
This course is ideal for beginners looking to understand the basics of creating video, and particularly for those who are looking to pursue further studies in screen production.
- Ideas workshop: you will explore how to brainstorm effectively, how to use your ideas to tell a story and to influence with online video
- The brief: you will be given a brief that you will work to for the final exercise of the day. You will consider how to unpick and respond to a brief, and how to get your ideas across on screen
- Directing techniques: you will be set a short filmmaking exercise which will introduce you to the basics of directing video
- Creating the video: you will apply the learnings from the day and work in teams to respond to the brief over a two hour shooting period
- Review: your videos will be screened and reviewed
- The results: Our industry practicing tutors will pick the team who meets the brief most creatively and is who most likely to reach the targeted audience