Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting-edge, practical learning experience.
DO YOU WANT TO VISIT METFILM SCHOOL LONDON?
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
Intro to Filmmaking
Intro to Filmmaking is a two-day weekend course for students who are passionate about film, TV and online video content and would like to explore different filmmaking crafts in a fun and practical way. This course is suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required.
Students will explore the following key areas during the Intro to Filmmaking course:
- Storytelling for the screen
- Camera, lights and sound
- Shooting for the edit
- Creative editing
The Course Outline below describes the key craft areas and skills you will cover during your course.
Start Dates & Prices
- 20 August 2022 — 21 August 2022 Fully Booked
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The Intro to Filmmaking course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com.
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration: Two Days Full-Time.
- Basedin the world-famous Ealing Studios. MetFilm School is based within Ealing Studios, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Our location creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Watch our London Campus Tour
- Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students which are advertised through our career’s advice department, MetFilm Futures. MetFilm School does have its own studio space; Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our MA Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case-by-case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
- Award-winning MetFilm School’s tutors are working screen professionals – TV and film directors, producers, screenwriters, editors, animators and other industry specialists with numerous awards, including BAFTA, Emmy and Oscar nominations.
- Connected. Through working closely with our sister companies MetFilm Productionand MetFilm Sales, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. These provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals.
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentialsare recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and ScreenSkills Select.