Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses, when you book six months ahead of the course start date.
DO YOU WANT TO VISIT METFILM SCHOOL?
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
Intro to Film Producing
- Two-day weekend course (Saturday-Sunday, 10am-5pm)
- For students interested in the role of Producer and who would like to learn about processes and concepts involved in the production, distribution and exhibition of screen content
- The course is taught by an industry professional Producer
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
- Learn about industry structure, terminology and jargon
- Find out about the key roles a Producer undertakes – creative, financial, legal and organisational
- Discover the main stages of screen content production: from concept to delivery
- Find out about contracts for hiring a writer, buying a screenplay and adapting existing material
- Become familiar with the key finance documents such as investor agreements, financing packs, business plans and recoupment schedules
- Learn about budgeting by looking at budget templates for real films
- Find out about contracts, going rates of pay and hierarchy of a film crew
- Become familiar with risk assessment and insurance needed for your project
- Learn about sales agent agreement, distribution agreement, deliverables list and chain of title
Start Dates & Prices
- TBC — TBC
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Our Intro to Producing course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: Two-Day Workshop
- Situated and based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. Ealing Studios is a professional film and television production environment and MetFilm School is based inside this space, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Being on the lot creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students and these are advertised through our student opportunity department, MetFilm Futures.
MetFilm School does have its own studio space – Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our Post Graduate Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case by case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
Regarding the main studios, we expect all students to be courteous, professional and respectful while they are on the lot. For obvious reasons, they cannot enter sets or professional productions freely.
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies Met Film Production and Met Post, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK, we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses