Get Your Story Straight (One-Day)
Businesses today are taking ownership of their stories to engage both their customers and employees, and to give their company personality. But how can we expect our story to stand out in a world swamped with content?
In other words, what makes a good story great? This one-day course provides the chance to explore a deeper, more sophisticated understanding of core principles, classic techniques and innovative approaches to the business and art of story.
You can do this course both on-site at our campus, or off-site in your office, place of work or a location of your choice. If you want to learn more, please contact us on 020 8280 9119, or fill in the form below.
This course is ideal for curious, energetic business/company leaders seeking to understand the power of storytelling and harness this to create their own bespoke corporate narrative.
During the course you will learn where good stories come from, why and how they create a sense of belonging. You’ll gain an understanding of the role storytelling plays in how to communicate a company’s vision.
‘Get Your Story Straight’ has been designed by writer, director and producer, Justin Trefgarne, who brings over a decade’s experience of story-editing and writing award-winning feature films, commercials, video games and groundbreaking web series for digital platforms, including the world’s biggest broadcaster, YouTube.
On this day you will work in teams to discover:
- The foundations of story
- How to identify a company story’s narrative and emotional core
- How to structure and adapt your unique story
- How to brainstorm effectively and look for non-conventional solutions that will allow your story to break out and reach its intended audience.
- Storytelling Foundations: you will learn where great storytelling comes from, gain a greater sense of how humans communicate their stories, and why a great story can survive through the ages.
- Storytelling Techniques: you will look at how successful storytellers combine narrative and emotion to deliver memorable content. You will learn why both are essential for a deeper connection to the intended audience and how and why story structure is crucial to effective communication.
- Brainstorming: you will explore how to brainstorm effectively, how to find an idea from a range of stimuli and how to filter those ideas into a story which has the power to communicate your unique corporate message and define your brand identity.
- Audience: you will look at identifying and breaking down your core audience, how this affects your story and how effective targeting can be a powerful creative tool rather than a limitation.
- Teamwork: in small groups, you will learn how to deconstruct and respond to a brief, how to look beyond the obvious and how to get your ideas across as a team while keeping the message personal.
- Feedback: you will test your work in a lively review session, and learn how to harness peer responses and how to identify helpful feedback and strengthen your core message.
This is a one-day course. The day will run from 10am–6pm with an hour lunch break. You will work in groups of four or five students.
Where does the course take place?
We deliver this course both on-site at our campus, or off-site in your office, place of work or a location of your choice. Please contact us to discuss this in more detail. Please note: we require a minimum of 6 individuals within your company to run this course.
Please fill in the form below and someone from Met Film School will get in touch with you.
- Famous facilities in Ealing Studios. Our students in London receive access to our modern premises and facilities within the famous Ealing Studios. High-profile productions made on-site include Downton Abbey, Nowhere Boy, My Week with Marilyn, Prince of Persia, The Iron Lady, Star Wars: Episode Two, and Victor Frankenstein. Learn more
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister companies MetFilm Production and MetFilm Sales, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more. Our degree course was described as ‘At the forefront of film pedagogy’ by the QAA
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses