Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Take advantage of our spring discount and get 15% off the course fee if you book onto this course before the 30th June.
DO YOU WANT TO VISIT METFILM SCHOOL?
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
Four-Week Post Production
- Four-week full-time course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm)
- For students who are looking to build practical postproduction skills with Adobe Premiere Pro software to kick-start their careers in the film, advertising, television and online media industries
- Covers the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro and professional aspects of the editor’s job
- Explains how to serve a narrative through postproduction and create a required atmosphere and mood
Four-Week Post Production is an intensive and practical course which allows you to study and practise postproduction as a creative and technical craft, learning the core skills and technology needed for today’s ever-changing screen industries. You will build an enhanced understanding of postproduction processes and best practice based on the project, genre and the objectives of the filmmakers. You will also learn ways to pursue editing opportunities in the screen industries and push your editing ability even further.
- Learn how to operate Adobe Premiere Pro, one of the most popular editing software in the industry, and build transferable technical skills that you can apply to other packages
- Receive an in-depth creative editing training which will allow you to make the best editing decisions for the material you are working with
- Learn about the latest trends and techniques in the industry through interactive discussions and workshops
- Build robust technical skills to be able to deliver work in a timely and professional manner
- Learn from a working postproduction specialist. All our tutors and industry professionals
- How to operate Adobe Premiere Pro effectively: assembling a basic sequence, ingesting file-based media, organising and consolidating media, preparing and exporting sequences, creative and technical preparation for an edit, basic dialogue editing techniques
- Using creative editing to enhance a narrative: marking up a script, introduction to effects (visual, audio, corrective, multilayer), making creative editing judgement
- Creative and technical capabilities as an editor: filming and editing in reference to cameraline, solving camera and eyeline issues, developing a sense of pace and rhythm
- Strategic and technical capabilities as an editor: decision-making for a postproduction specialist, the emotional dynamics of a script, the impact of genre on editing styles, the comedy genre and how editing is important to energy, pace and timing
Start Dates & Prices
- 27 July 2020 — 21 August 2020
Four-Week Postproduction is a full-time course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm).
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The Four-Week Postproduction is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email email@example.com
*Take advantage of our spring discount and get 15% off the course fee if you book onto this course before the 30th June.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at MetFilm School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. MetFilm Futures (student and graduate opportunities) helps our talented and bright students secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our students work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and much more besides. Below are just some of the companies they’ve gone onto work for.
- Situated and based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. Ealing Studios is a professional film and television production environment and MetFilm School is based inside this space, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Being on the lot creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students and these are advertised through our student opportunity department, MetFilm Futures.
MetFilm School does have its own studio space – Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our Post Graduate Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case by case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
Regarding the main studios, we expect all students to be courteous, professional and respectful while they are on the lot. For obvious reasons, they cannot enter sets or professional productions freely.
- Award-winning tutors and guest speakers. All our tutors and guest speakers are working screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations, including BAFTAs, Emmys and Oscars. Learn more about our tutors and guest speakers
- Part of the industry. Through working closely with our sister company Met Film Production, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. Met Film businesses provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals. Find out more
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet. Find out more.
- Leading the industry. As the fastest growing film school in the UK we are proud of our innovative approach with a strong focus on new media and platforms, which is delivered throughout all our courses