Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting-edge, practical learning experience.
Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses, when you book three months or more before the course start date.
DO YOU WANT TO VISIT METFILM SCHOOL?
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR EVENT CALENDAR
Four-Week Post Production
Four-Week Post Production is a full time intensive and practical course giving students the opportunity to study and practice post production as a creative and technical craft, learning the core skills and technology needed for today’s ever-changing screen industries. This course is suitable for beginner’s, no previous experience is required.
Four-Week Post Production will build an enhanced understanding of postproduction processes and best practices based on the project, genre and the objectives of the filmmakers. You will also learn ways to pursue editing opportunities in the screen industries and push your editing ability even further.
Four-Week Post Production is designed to improve the understanding, knowledge, and practice in the following core areas:
- How to operate Adobe Premiere Pro.
- The best way to serve your narrative through postproduction.
- How to use editing to create atmosphere and mood.
- The role of a creative film editor in a professional context.
Students will explore the following key areas during the Four-Week Post Production course:
Adobe Premiere Pro Training. Students will be taught how to use Adobe Premiere Pro confidently. Covering the key areas of editing, such as image, sound and sequencing, and understand how to organise workflow appropriately.
Creative Editing Training. Students develop understanding of how to utilise their creative skills in a way that allows them to make the best editing decisions for the material they are working with.
Colour Grading. Students will learn how to work within a professional finishing tool, how to make primary colour correction, secondary colour correction, delivery to different platforms and how to conform files within complex workflows.
The Course Outline below describes the key craft areas and skills you will cover during your course.
Start Dates & Prices
- 1 August 2022 — 26 August 2022
Four-Week Postproduction is a full-time course.
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The Four-Week Postproduction is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at MetFilm School, we concentrate on employability. Students and graduates of MetFilm School will gain access to our dedicated careers advice department MetFilm Futures, who focus on supporting you and ensuring you develop the skills needed to succeed in the industry.
MetFilm Production, our sister production company, offers 3-4 in house work experience placements per year for MetFilm School graduates. Selected graduates work in a variety of capacities on all of MetFilm Production’s films such as award-winning The Reason I Jump, 23 Walks and Swimming with Men.
Our graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. Below are just some of the companies our graduates have gone onto work for.
- Based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. MetFilm School is based within Ealing Studios, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Our location creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Watch our London Campus Tour
- Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students which are advertised through our career’s advice department, MetFilm Futures. MetFilm School does have its own studio space; Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our MA Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case-by-case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
- Award-winning tutors. MetFilm School’s tutors are working screen professionals – TV and film directors, producers, screenwriters, editors, animators and other industry specialists with numerous awards, including BAFTA, Emmy and Oscar nominations.
- Connected. Through working closely with our sister companies MetFilm Production and MetFilm Sales, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. These provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals.
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and ScreenSkills Select.