Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting-edge, practical learning experience.
Receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on all our short courses, when you book three months or more before the course start date.
Four-Week Acting for film (Level 2)
Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 2) is a Full-Time Screen-Acting course for those who wish to build on their previous experience of acting for camera, or those who have completed the Four-Week Acting for Film Level 1 course. For this course you will need to supply a CV and showreel to demonstrate your acting experience.
Four-Week Acting for Film – Level 2 is an intensive course for students with some acting experience who are looking for a practical, industry-focused training to upskill their knowledge and kick-start their acting careers.
Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 2) is designed to improve the understanding, knowledge and practice in the following core areas:
- Techniques for improving vocal and physical expression
- The key ‘schools’ of acting
- Working with industry professionals
- Enhanced onscreen acting skills and technical understanding
- Career opportunities available for actors in the screen industry
- On set practices and the relationship of the actor to the crew
Students will explore the following key areas during the Four-Week Acting for Film (Level 2) course:
Voice and Movement. Sessions focus on voice and movement are designed to develop student’s physical presence and vocal expressiveness as a performer.
Advanced Core Acting Skills. The core acting skills are drawn from the Meisner technique, Mast, Improvisation, Stanislavski and Clown.
Audition Workshop and Preparation. These sessions will prepare students for the different forms an audition can take and give a good understanding of how to rehearse and perform an audition piece.
Dialect Workshop. By looking at the details of accent and dialogue student’s will expand their performance capabilities increasing their appeal to casting directors.
The Course Outline below describes the key craft areas and skills you will cover during your course.
Start Dates & Prices
- 6 June 2022 — 1 July 2022
Acting for Film (Level 2) is an intensive full-time, four-week course.
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Students will be asked to supply a CV and showreel to demonstrate their acting experience.
To get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com
In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a limited number of places available for each course intake and operate on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information regarding our application procedure, please see the following link, or contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who book Acting Level 1 (4 weeks) and Acting Level 2 (4 weeks) courses together are entitled to a £500 discount on the course fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at MetFilm School, we concentrate on employability. Students and graduates of MetFilm School will gain access to our dedicated careers advice department MetFilm Futures, who focus on supporting you and ensuring you develop the skills needed to succeed in the industry.
MetFilm Production, our sister production company, offers 3-4 in house work experience placements per year for MetFilm School graduates. Selected graduates work in a variety of capacities on all of MetFilm Production’s films such as award-winning The Reason I Jump, 23 Walks and Swimming with Men.
Our graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides. Below are just some of the companies our graduates have gone onto work for.
- Based in the world-famous Ealing Studios. MetFilm School is based within Ealing Studios, along with numerous other companies and businesses. Our location creates a great screen industry context for the School but does not bring access to shoots or other studio activities. Watch our London Campus Tour
- Occasionally opportunities do arise for our students which are advertised through our career’s advice department, MetFilm Futures. MetFilm School does have its own studio space; Stage 5 – which is mostly used by those studying on our MA Cinematography course. It is also accessible on a case-by-case basis to students shooting films and other kinds of project but has to be booked in advance.
- Award-winning tutors. MetFilm School’s tutors are working screen professionals – TV and film directors, producers, screenwriters, editors, animators and other industry specialists with numerous awards, including BAFTA, Emmy and Oscar nominations.
- Connected. Through working closely with our sister companies MetFilm Production and MetFilm Sales, we better integrate our students into the world of creative media. These provide our students with work placements, graduate employment and master classes with industry professionals.
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and ScreenSkills Select.