After you apply

Do I need to register with the police?

Some nationalities must register with the police within 7 days of their arrival in the UK if they have a visa for more than six months, and/or if they extend their visa for more than six months. If you* are required to register with the police there will be instructions to do so on your student visa. Police Registration in London is administered by the Overseas Visitors Records Office (OVRO) near Elephant and Castle/Borough tube stations. After you register, you must keep your registration certificate updated if you get a new visa or if you change your address.  How to register.

* You only have to register if your visa sticker or Biometric Residence Permit says you must.

Failure to register with the police, if required to do so, is a criminal offence and could lead to prosecution.

Can I work whilst I attend Met Film School?

If you obtain or renew a visa to study at Met Film School, a Private Higher Education provider, you will not be able to work and you will not be able to sponsor your dependent(s) to join you in the UK.