If you are a student from a Non-EU country you will need to provide documented evidence of your English language competence to study a course with us.
You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- the Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
You also don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if one of the following apply:
- you’re a national of Canada or any of the countries in the list above
- you have studied in the UK before as a Tier 4 (Child) student
We currently only accept the ‘IELTS for UKVI Academic Test.
This is an English language test for Non-EU students wishing to study in the UK with us.
IELTS for UKVI Academic Tests must be taken at a UKVI Approved Test Centre or they will not be accepted.
BA (Hons) Practical Filmmaking
Students need to achieve an IELTS for UKVI Academic Test overall score of at least 6.5 with at least 5.5 in writing, listening, reading and speaking.
BA (Hons) Screen Acting
Students need to achieve an IELTS for UKVI Academic Test overall score of at least 7.0 with at least 6.5 in writing, 7.0 in listening, reading and speaking.
Please note: EU students from non-English speaking countries there are no formal requirements, we will assess from their application and interview as to whether or not they need to submit the language test results. If they do then the above IELTS scores will be required.
- Students need to achieve an IELTS overall score of at least 6.5 with at least 6.5 in writing and at least 5.5 in listening, reading and speaking.
If English is not your first language, or if your previous education was not conducted fully in English, you will need to provide documented evidence of your English language competence to study a course with us.
MetFilm School accepts the qualifications listed below as evidence of English language ability from students from the European Union. In addition, we will take into account studies previously undertaken in English, for example at IB, Foundation or undergraduate level. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if in doubt.
The levels listed here are an indication only and each application will be considered on its own merit.
The general requirement is IELTS 6.5 overall, with a score in writing of at least 6.5, and no less than 5.5 in any section. Other equivalent English language examinations will be considered at a level considered equivalent to the IELTS qualification level above.
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any section
- Cambridge PET – Pass with distinction, exceptional in all four skills
- Cambridge FCE – Pass at Grade C minimum
- Cambridge Advanced / Proficiency / Business Higher / Legal / Financial – Pass
- ESOL Skills for Life Levels 1 & 2
- BULATS Online (certificated version) – Reading and speaking at 60, Speaking and Listening at CEFR B2
- TOEFL IBT Test – Overall 80 with listening min. 19, reading min. 20, speaking min. 22 and writing min. 19
- PTE Academic – Min. 51 in all four skills
- Trinity Level 1 – Pass
- Integrated Skills in English – ISEII pass
- French Baccalaureate – Grade 6 (HL) or Grade 12 (OIB) 12-20
- German Abitur – Mark ‘Gut’ at Abitur 11
- Lithuanian Brandos Atestatas – Grade 8 at B2 level
- Norwegian Vitnemal – Grade 4
- Polish Extended Matura – 70%+