Information on Short-term Student Visas

International students studying on a course which is 6 months or less in duration can now apply to enter the UK as a short-term student. This new category allows students to undertake a short period of study during their visit to the UK. As a short-term student the maximum period of leave allowed is six months and there are no provisions to extend this leave in the UK or switch in-country to another visa category. Students who wish to follow a further course of study would have to return to their home country and obtain a Tier 4 student visa.

Visa National Students

If you are from one of the countries listed here then you are considered a ‘Visa national’ and will need to apply for an entry clearance visa to come to the UK.

Non-Visa National Students

If however you are from a country that is not listed above, you are considered a non-visa national and can come to the UK to study a course that is six months or less without having to apply for an entry clearance visa.

Upon arrival you may seek leave to enter as a short-term student by presenting the immigration officers with details of your course i.e. your offer letter. You will also be required to show evidence that you can support yourself during your trip i.e. bank statements for the last 6 months and details of where you intend to stay (you shouldn’t pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa.)

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us:

Met Film School Students at London Campus