Student Finance Loan
UK students, who have been accepted onto our Undergraduate programmes may be eligible to apply for a tuition fee loan through Student Finance England.
For students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS).
MetFilm School is an OFS Registered Higher Education provider. Visit officeforstudents.org.uk for more information.
You should also be aware that MetFilm School is an Independent Higher Education provider. This means that the maximum Tuition Fee Loan amount will be as follows:
- If you apply through SLC (Student Loans Company) for one of our approved full-time accredited programmes, you can receive £7,400 per year for our 2-year BA courses – BA (Hons) Practical Filmmaking (SLC Course Code: 848002) and BA (Hons) Screen Acting (SLC Course Code: 848574). You can receive £6,165 per year for our 3-year BA (Hons) Practical Filmmaking course (SLC Course Code: 716759).
- If you apply through SAAS (Student Awards Agency Scotland) for one of our approved full-time accredited programmes – BA (Hons) Practical Filmmaking (2 or 3-year) or BA (Hons) Screen Acting – you can receive £6,165 per year.
Please note therefore that this loan does not cover the full tuition fee.
The Tuition Fee Loan is paid directly to MetFilm School towards your programme fee.
If you’re a new student starting in 2022/23, enter your details into the Student Finance Calculator for an idea of how much you’ll get through Student Loans, grants and bursaries.
UK Students who normally live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland:
Funding Postgraduate Study:
For postgraduate students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS).
It’s common for postgraduates to help fund their studies by:
– Using savings
– Combining study with work
– Applying for financial help from some of the sources listed below
Postgraduate Loans from the UK Government for UK Students
- There is a new government loan available called the Postgraduate Loan. This can be used to fund up to £11,222* of your study. More information about this can be found here.
- Postgraduate Loan – Eligibility
- Postgraduate Loan – How and When to Apply
- Repaying a Postgraduate Loan:
- Postgraduate Loan – Frequently Asked Questions
*If the course starts on or after 1st August 2020
Other Sources of Postgraduate Funding
- Postgrad Solutions now offer 15 bursaries across a number of subject areas. Find out more
- Search for postgraduate funding on Hot Courses
- Search the Prospects website for postgraduate funding
- You can also browse funding options from various educational trusts via the Educational Grants Advisory Service (EGAS) website.