Students at MetFilm School on our Masters degree courses starting after September 2017 may be able to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 as a contribution towards their course and living costs. Postgraduate Loans have to be paid back.
Am I eligible for a loan?
You can apply for a Postgraduate Loan for a MetFilm School Masters course if you:
- Are a UK or EU national or have settled status (this means that there are no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK)
- OR you normally live in England and have been living in the UK for at least three years before the start of the course
- Are under 60 years old at the start of the first academic year of your course
- Do not already have a postgraduate Masters qualification or a higher level qualification like a PhD
- Have not already received a Postgraduate Loan for another course that has not been completed. Although if there are compelling personal reasons, such as illness, you may be able to apply for additional funding to allow you to repeat the year.
You may also be able to apply for a Postgraduate Loan if you are:
- A refugee, or a relative of one
- Under Humanitarian Protection, or a relative of someone under Humanitarian Protection
- An EEA or Swiss migrant worker, or a relative of one
- The child of a Swiss national or the child of a Turkish worker
How do I find out more about the loan?