Information on our Acting for Film Level 2 Full-Time and Part-Time courses application process is outlined below. If you need further information to aid your application please don’t hesitate to contact our admissions team by phone on +44 (0)20 8280 9119 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
Students wishing to enrol on this course will be asked to submit a CV and audition tape demonstrating their acting experience, plus a completed short course application form.
Students who have participated in either Acting for Film Level 1 (Full-Time or Part-Time) can use their showreel from the course.
Audition Tape Contents
The recording should show you in close up and in one full shot. The camera should be static. Setting can be anywhere as long as it is easy to see and hear you.
- The recording needs to comprise of: An introduction about you. Who you are, why you want to enter this course. (Max 2 minutes).
- A memorized contemporary piece (monologue) written after 1960 and no more than two minutes in duration. Speeches can be chosen from film scripts. Classical texts are acceptable, but unless you are experienced in them, it is wise not to choose them. (Max 2 minutes).
- An alternative memorized presentation (to illustrate a different range). This could be a poem/funny story/movement with words/film/TV exerpt. (Max 2 minutes).
- Choose texts which you are comfortable with.
- Stick to the prescribed time limit.
- Choose pieces with an emotional journey or a character arc.
- Show a contrast in mood in your pieces (one comedy, one drama, etc.)
- Do not try to imitate the original (unless you are satirizing)
- Make sure the texts are not wildly unsuitable to your age
- Remember it’s not only about the reading of the text, it is also about characterization.
Please download the editable PDF Short Course application form below.
- Email your completed application form to email@example.com
- NOTE: Further information required to support your application should be sent by recorded delivery or couriered to the school with a list of what is included and your name/contact details.
HOW TO PAY
Once you are notified of your acceptance on either Acting for Film Level 2 or Part-Time Acting for Film Level 2 you will be required to make full payment prior to commencing the course.
You can pay by:
- Phoning our admissions team on: Tel: +44 (0) 20 8280 9119 and paying by debit or credit card. Payment can also be made by bank transfer.
- You can also pay by cheque sending this to: Admissions Department, Met Film School, Ealing Studios, Ealing Green, London, W5 5EP. Please include your name address and the course you are enrolling on with your cheque.